[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Mercyfans: Valkyrie feels rather lackluster, we would appreciate a little something to put her in a more fun light other than just being a brain dead heal bot. Thank ya~!

PeoplewhoprobablyhateMercyorhaven’tplayedherthatmuch: YOU JUST WANT HER TO BE OP! SHE’S FINE, SHE’S THE MOST PICKED HEALER IN THE LEAGUE! SHE’S BALANCED! YA’LL ARE JUST MERCY OTP’S, PICK A REAL HERO OR PICK ANOTHER HEALER!

It’s like people forgot this was a VIDEO game. You know, that whole ‘easy to come by entertainment just about anyone can buy to have some fun’? FUN being the key word everyone seems to keep throwing under the bus to try and forget about just because Overwatch has both Competitive mode and a League?

14 Likes

Oh another thing… You reworked Mercy because, in your opinion, “She was unfun to play against and with” not because the stats said She was OP or something else like this.
So you reworked her because of “fun”, but now that She is unfun to play as, you guys tells to us that She is balanced and played in comp and has a healthy winrate to justify that She doesn’t need anything. Like, what? She had an healthy pick-rate and winrate even before the rework. Fun doesn’t matter now? It matters only when you decide that?

This is really annoying coming from the devs, and really inconsistent.

Yeah, you guys don’t read anyway so i don’t even know why im writing here. You ruined an iconic and wonderful Hero…

16 Likes

They just don’t want to admit they were wrong and instead come up with inapplicable or just plain false reasons for keeping her like this. Contrary to what some people claim, it’s not the Mercy players who are in denial, but the Overwatch Team.

It’s also quite interesting to see how Jeff, a Platinum-level player, fails to see the problems put forth by other Platinum-level players, and not just regarding Mercy.

14 Likes

Posts like this…they are beyond frustrating to read. Are you people really that out of touch with what we’ve been saying for MONTHS? Is this how Blizzard is regarding our concerns? Why is reading so challenging?

3 Likes

I think it’s somewhat that some people just don’t want to read what they don’t want to see. Some people prefer to believe and imagine that we’re all talking about something which we aren’t.

1 Like

I made this thread here with some bug-fixes, suggestions for QoL, and just improvements in general. Feel free to comment and help add more bugs to the list that needs fixing!

2 Likes

even if that was so, and she was boring to you
she was fun to many people. And now she isnt

She has high pickrate
she is used a lot in OWL for some strats

As soon as ana gets buffed or another main healer enters the fray that could maybe replace what mercy does people will drop her like flies (except those who like her as a character)

they only play her to win,not to have fun
That was very apparant in the mercy meta where she was picked a lot but everyone complained about it

6 Likes

So have a mod paste what a dev posted in another thread just to let us know even though that thing they said should have been posted originally into this thread since that is what this thread is about and not Briggette. Wow what a great system.

1 Like

Yep, pretty much

Considering that our concern is that Mercy isn’t fun to play, and Mercy’s beams/pistol/GA haven’t been changed in a negative fashion, those abilities are irrelevant.

Sure, Mercy has some of the best mobility and healing output in the game. We’re fine with that; we have no complaints about her GA, her beams, and her pistol.

Valkyrie and Resurrect are the problems. Everything else is irrelevant.

11 Likes

Interesting I’ll share this elsewhere.

These are the issues.

If did then I wouldn’t play her anymore because there would be nothing left for me to play that is / was Mercy.

2 Likes

That one should be mandatory to watch for anyone wanting to work/working at Blizzard.

1 Like

All this crap is beyond incompetence, it’s straight up pathetic. Hope they fire this guys.

4 Likes

To be honest watching what happening to Brigitte and Hanzo is just entertaining… Like Hanzo just awkward and Brigitte was broke in PTR

1 Like

Care to clarify? I like the new Hanzo. And, before you ask, no, I haven’t touched him, yet. Being in matches with him is so much better without the BS that was Scatter.

I’d say, he’s only awkward if you are, just like me, used to hold LMB after every shot. And now you need to release the button while using Storm Arrows xd

Pretty sure she is fun to many people now. And only vocal minority complain here.

Also interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSgA_nK_w3A
This YouTube channel has so much videos on things the Overwatch Team just can’t seem to understand…

1 Like

Mercy lost well over half her QP playerbase.

“Minority”.

16 Likes