[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Wow. So you guys don’t really read our Feedback. We don’t think that Mercy is underpowered, we find her unfun to play! We want our Hero to be balanced but even fun, this is a game and the goal of a game is fun and Mercy Simply isn’t now. This rework ruined completely her!
And you can’t understand that because you don’t read our Feedback, there are people Who make great suggestion and they are ignored. And you guys continue to Say “we hear your feedback Daily” when thats not true.
Again, We talk only about her gameplay now and not about her viability in the meta, we want her to be fun.

I’m disappointed on you guys… I thought you really reads these feedback…
I Hope the devs Will understand what we Mercy mains trying to say and that we want her to be fun again.

(Sorry For bad english)

7 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S14Yjt4bh8U

Made a quick vid out of frustration, it’ll probably be the last one though. I’m super done with Overwatch, but I wanted to speak out one last time before I go. I’ll miss all the frequent posters though D: You guys are so great!

17 Likes

That your friend ought to quit blaming other people for their own choices in life. RAGE! Moron DPS mains force me to play Mercy and Mercy’s no fun! Please.

What happened to the Winged Victory’s voiceline on the Mercy skin? It used to say “Onwards to Victory” before the ultimate voiceline were reverted when you rez. However, once the voicelines were changed back this voiceline didn’t go to her ult or her rez. Could it be put to her ult like the other skins please? Thank you😄

it took jeff one huge mega thread and two event’s later to respond to something that has been going on since the 30th of january… just to give us a answer that doesn’t help us at all… Excuse me now i am gonna go enjoy getting shot out the god forsaken air while trying to rez and lose it and have a 30 sec cool down good luck all :heart:

6 Likes

According to michael they felt like it needed a lil bit more oomph to feel consistent and the voiceline will be back in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel like Mercy needs a little more “oomph” in the Ultimate department.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

5 Likes

same…

(20 characters required)

Mercy is a beautiful, sexy angel. She would be played even if all she did was shoot confetti into the air… :frowning:

3 Likes

Very true! ahahahahaah :rofl:

Let me get this straight.

• You give us a rework we didn’t want.
  • You promise us said rework was going to be a more fun and engaging Mercy to play.
  • You gut her to the point where she feels NOTHING like was promised.
  • You tell us you think she’s fine, which proves that you are ignoring the Mercy mains that say she isn’t fun anymore.

A big reason Mercy was reworked is because “Hide and Rez” encouraged Mercy to “stop healing for a period of time”. This is EXACTLY what she has to do now.

You’ve lost my trust as developers.

30 Likes

Lol no one cares about her pick rate. We didnt care before the rework after it and now. It was always about how much fun she was to play. This may be the most statistically balanced version of her but by far THE ABSOLUTE MOST BORING TO PLAY.

But I forgot only heroes who are not fun to play against matter most… because that was the single most used excuse for her boring yet viable state.

Whatever man… glad to know NUMBERS are all you care about. Not people playing your game just numbers.

10 Likes

That is the true issue… not being understood :persevere:

Why can’t be understood that we didn’t want an easier Mercy, but a more fulfilling one that built on the Core Kit to be a challenge to do well, but accessible to all to do. I know this isn’t easy to make happen. But its aggravating to have arguments thrown back at me that are misinterpretations of what is being said the problems.

I would say others claim that the problem is weakness, but really it all stems back to too many passive powers that don’t feel like its any skill involved.

I’m sorry for the “yelling” its just that Resurrect is loss of control and Valkyrie is the lacking in needing to control.

It must be complex, I guess there are some who find it awesome if their hero given to automated abilities that did the work for them.

2 Likes

Mercy has not been fun for even a second after you reworked her. I wasn’t even having fun with her when she was in her “OP” state. I ALWAYS wished for Mercy to return back to how she was.

Everything you said is just statistics followed by an unrelated conclusion. I’m sure in the back-end you can view all sorts of statistics! But we’re human beings and we play games for satisfaction and enjoyment. None of which I have felt playing this game since you reworked her.

19 Likes

Perfectly agree, but unfortunately they only watch the statistics and we are numbers for them.

The real reason that she was reworked was because mass rez was “unfun” so it’s clear that fun does come into play.

It’s just a shame the devs have double standards.

7 Likes

Anyone seen Hauven around?

That is part of why these abilities (Valkyrie & Resurrect) feel cheap. They are slie moves.

I’ve played in the role of DPS it may not look it but on other accounts I’ve played it, but I don’t like the tunneling effect it can spur on. So I understand that Mercy is hard to deal with which is why I don’t call for buffs, but rather a retribution of power in the kit away from passives and make so that well timed, short duration abilities are the power since those are inherently more satisfying to do because you initiate that moment of power, and shows you clearly that it was a good use or that it failed.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I saw them on Titanium’s latest post. or maybe it was a little after Jeff posted in here.

Either way, I’m sure I’ve seen them recently.

Screw pick/win rates. Mercy’s E and Q are anti-fun to play!!!

IT’S NOT ENOUGH FOR A PLAYABLE CHARACTER TO BE BALANCED AND VIABLE. YOU GUYS KILLED OFF WHAT MADE MERCY FUN AND ENGAGING TO PLAY, AND YOU’RE FINE WITH THAT???

What, being “un-fun to play against” is a good enough reason to rework Mercy, but being “un-fun to play as” isn’t?? What the hell?

Second thoughts

Edit: I’ll probably regret yelling at a game dev like I just did, but it’s what I truly feel. Words can’t describe how dissapointed I am right now. I’ve been hanging on to Overwatch with the expectation that they’ll eventually rework Mercy again (with more engagement and a much higher skill ceiling), but if they’re not I don’t see the point anymore. I got this game to play Mercy. She’s the only one I was staying for.

9 Likes