[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

20k posts later and no reply

we’re listening btw

3 Likes

It’s the white whale (this thread) and it has come back to the surface.

So, right now people are discussing whether doing too much damage as Mercy should be bannable. Seems a lot of people think so. Glorious, the hate for Mercy players never stop. sighs I’m so glad I stopped playing this hateful game.

2 Likes

They’ve commented quite a few times on Mercy.

So far we know that they have no plans to revert Mercy. Geoff confirmed on stream that they also do not want to rework Mercy again but they will keep buffing her until she’s as viable as the other healers.

This thing is back…?

4 Likes

Source?

Can’t find the source first hand after 30 minutes of looking, but I definitely saw it and this thread was made also backing this up:

I remember some stream where they also stated that they would not do anymore reworks, so I choose to believe that you have, in fact, seen this statement despite not finding the evidence right now (it’s difficult to screen through lots of videos)

1 Like

Thanks! Geoff actually said twice (in different interviews, I think) that they had no plans to rework heroes.

First was in the reinforce interview (again, just from what my memory is) where he said no reworks in general.

And then again in Emongg’s stream where he specifically said no Mercy rework.

Both of these were before the #ReworkMercy movement. I’m not saying they have changed their minds at all, but if they see a large enough amount of the community is displeased, they may/might’ve rethought that statement.

There hasn’t been any information about reworks or hero balances since then, and that was back in November, while the movement began placing root in the beginning of December.

2 Likes

Woah is it April Fools already? :0

5 Likes

You all have phones, don’t you?

7 Likes

I’m sorry for being pessimistic, but there has been a lot of community outcry in the past for a Mercy rework/revert and it still hasn’t changed their minds.

The most popular post on this forum is detailing why people think she needs a rework and this still hasn’t changed their minds.

1 Like

Pre-rework Mercy was middle ground between main and off healers.

What she is now? She lacks team-saving ultimate of off-healer, but also lacks high healing rate of main healer.

They won’t change their minds, because it’s Blizzard’s rule: never admit that you screwed up. At least, until dive meta is back again, and they will run low on used healers again, so they would have to make Mercy relevant.

4 Likes

They won’t buff Mercy for dive. Pros have admitted to hating Mercy so they’ll want to run Zen + Lucio again. I’m guessing that the next hero will be a main healing support that can keep up with dive.

1 Like

20k posts later

1 post saying “she’s fine because of winrate”

jeff ignores the entire thread saying mercy players just want her to be OP

geoff ignores the entire thread by forcing us to play an iteration of mercy that a lot of people dislike

my apologies /s

3 Likes

They still will have to run Mercy at one point, or viewers will get bored.

I second that feedback for the devs who deeply care and read it.

It’s something I could accept, if it wasn’t weak at keeping your team going. Some ults are not exciting at all, but they get things done.

I agree!! But the forums are different than the community as a whole. This went larger than the forums. It involved every form of social media and even got pro attention.

I honestly doubt anything will come from this either, but if anything, maybe they’re considering some form of buff for her?

1 Like

I really hope so! I’ve seen speculation that they’ll buff her healing to 55/s which I think is a really nice even ground for people who want Mercy to heal more but are afraid of her outshining other supports again.

1 Like