[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Rez has always been a problem for the devs to balance. Honestly, I think that they should spend a lot of time brainstorming and internal testing to try and find a much better way for rez to fit in the game, which would probably be as an ultimate. If that doesn’t work, then yeah, they should just scrap it entirely and try to find something else that could fit the character, and be easier to balance.

1 Like

If they spent as much time on balancing mass rez as much as this current rework im sure it would be balanced by now.

4 Likes

They have said before that they don’t want rez to go anywhere and it is essential to the “fantasy” of the character. I don’t think they’ll be removing it any time soon

1 Like

Yeah something like, the moment people are ressed, she’s “ressed” as well with the instant healing but doesn’t get the 2s of invul like her allies(but unlike them, can move after using it).

1 Like

Or you know properly balancing it as an ult.

would’ve certainly taken a lot less time to balance mass rez as it only really needed afew more tweaks in all honesty though mercy could still use a rework on top of that as her old design had little mid fight potential which is why an e ability was wanted.

6 Likes

I wonder why this thread is open again…? I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled, but this feels strange. Do you think maybe we’ll get an answer?

4 Likes

They said it would be sad if they had to give up on the ability. Although highly unlikely they would get rid of res, not entirely impossible

2 Likes

All we can do is try i suppose :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

To people saying to buff Mercy’s survivability it’s fine leave it be it’s the only thing she does good now with good postioning ga and your pistol you can survive just as well as anyone else no you probably won’t survive every team fight but if a genji is on you and you’re on your own that’s probably your fault as mercy you should never be alone unless all your teammates died in a team fight

1 Like

A lot better than spending nearly 2 seconds as a stone, question why you put your life on the line for one teammate.

2 Likes

That can work, I just don’t want Mercy to be sacrificing herself every time she rezes if they do go back to mass rez.

1 Like

I agree i usually get about 2 deaths every game due to good positioning but after the recent nerf its about double that due to lack of keeping my team alive.

2 Likes

That Genji’s going to screw them over too. They need to protect their healers and deal with these annoying flankers.

1 Like

One teammate? We were talking about Mass-Ress, how it would be more counterable if instead of becoming invulnerable when Ressing, she was healed to full health. This ways he could still be killed(like how people cans till die inside Zen’s Trans).

1 Like

Wow, this is still alive?

2 Likes

Yup, welcome to the new megathread

2 Likes

Is anyone eles playing mercy this season because I am but it feels like I’m more in spectator mode than playing the game because of the lack of healing and the fact that valk is just spectator mode

3 Likes

I have never played Mercy competitively, but I want her fixed.

5 Likes

No personally ive given up on comp but thats a conversation for another thread.

3 Likes

Damage reduction is an option too, instead of invuln. My biggest potential issue with bringing mass rez back though is the public outcry that it’s ‘unfun’ to play against. I’m wondering if there’s a compromise option that works in both, something that doesn’t feel like an instant undo button to the opposite team? I know ult economy is a thing, but let’s say they reverted her tomorrow. Could you imagine the anti-Mercy crowd… I think middle ground is our best bet, what do you guys think?

5 Likes