[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

oh goody,the void is open again

2 Likes

Revert :clap: Mercy :clap:

Nobody :clap: Likes :clap: This :clap: Change :clap:

3 Likes

I really hope that someday they will stop doing that. I mean: trashing the threads. It’s not healthy, it’s not helping keep the tabs about the feedback, and it disrupts ongoing discussions.

3 Likes

You say stuff like this but you wouldn’t if you knew what we’ve been saying about Mercy. Or the other healers in general.

Are we just going to keep nerfing Mercy, patch after patch, until she has to stand still for 10 seconds while doing skill checks to resurrect and can only heal for three seconds at a time?

Blizzard, please listen. You cannot keep closing your eyes and plugging your ears yelling “LA LA LA I CAN’T HEAR YOU!!!”. You have to face the reality of the situation.

The Mercy rework was a complete and utter failure. She is not fun to play against. She is not fun to play as. She has been a complete nightmare for balance, constantly overshadowing other supports. Nerf after nerf after nerf, she is consistently a must have if you want a chance of winning your game.

It is clear to me, the rest of the community, and hopefully soon to yourselves that Mercy’s power levels are not the result of overtuned numbers. Her new kit is inherently flawed. She needs major changes. Please, stop stripping away random parts of her kit until she can only heal and damage boost. She needs a rework.

28 Likes

:spider_web: The daily “Mercy is OP, nerf 2 ground” threads would say otherwise, lol.

The issue is it’s not JUST Mercy. A lot of it is her failed rework, but a lot of it is outside forces as well like shields and how they’re interacted with.

Fixing Mercy and reverting her (as Rez can’t function as an ability, it has to be an ult. I don’t miss mass Rez at all, but come on. It’s so much worse now.) might help a lot, but it won’t be the end of it and it won’t fix everything.

10 Likes

You are complaining but not offering any solution. What do you want for Mercy ? For example I want to see damage boost and rez taken from her kit and replaced with something else. Like damage resistant boost instead of damage boost. And instead of rez a new ability I call “gift of an angel” which grants only one hero 5 sec of time not getting any damage.

Damage Boost will stay, it was never a problem, and so will Rez

2 Likes

As long as she has Rez-- and she’s the only healer who has Rez-- it doesn’t matter how they nerf her, she’ll always be the most-picked healer in the game. This has been said over and over every time they’ve tried “balancing” her. Making it an Ultimate or an Ability won’t matter. It’s Rez. It’s strong.

1 Like

I have offered plenty of solutions. Not just me, either. There are dozens, if not hundreds of threads, offering ideas for change. I personally have suggested removing the resurrect mechanic for something else. I have to see it go, but I’d rather see Mercy balanced AND fun.

Here, I outline 2 proposals and my reasoning for them in this thread.

Why because you say/want so ?

:spider_web: I like the idea of the first one. If damage boost was taken away I’d want something to replace it with the same feel. Like, you damage boost at certain times for a certain pay out. You’d damage resist boost someone at key times as well. It’d require the same, if not a little more thought.

Your Rez replacement though would be more game breaking than Rez. The main complaint of Rez is it invalidates a kill, often in the context of denying ults. 5 secs without taking damage could do the same thing and the target wouldn’t even have to be brought back to use their ult to counter, they would just use it while being immune to damage.

Because they’ve said so. They said they’d never remove Rez, and DB is completely fine, heck Blizz wanted to buff it

Damage boost has been in the game since launch. It has never been a problem. The only reason Mercy is picked at her rate is rez on a cooldown. It can’t be reverted because then we go back to her not being used (at any relatively high level). Mercy was a troll pick for over a year after people realized mass rez wasn’t any good. I love Mercy but she needs rez removed and a new utility ability that can be used as often as other utility abilities in the game which will give her more to do.

Blizz said they never gonna add deathmatch too but we have it. They say We never gonna do this but they realize its actually better and they do it eventually. So dont be so sure about Mercy. Those things could be change. Damage boost can be unique to Ana as support if that happens with nano boost.(and orisa as a tank) And rez was and is not a good ability in a game like this. You simply bring someone back to life from death. This is not a doctor character does(mercy is a doctor) its what necromancer does. It should be changed.

I tried looking this up and couldn’t find anything; I’m not calling you a liar, but do you have a source or anything to refer that to?

It’s a core part of Mercy’s character. It’s a highlight intro, merch, sprays, etc. Blizzard clearly loves Rez and will not remove it. DB also isn’t a problem, so it’ll stay

Fixed it. Seriously, though. Why does anyone think that she is underpowered? With rez, she will never be underpowered.

Nanomachines, son.

On a more serious note, Damage Boost is only complained about right now because of the Hanzo-Zarya Wombo people like to run. As soon as this falls out of favor, we’ll see less complaints about damage boost.

2 Likes

I don’t quite remember, but it was a post I belive. Plus it wouldn’t be good for the company, they won’t remove it