[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

It doesn’t make sense why Ana isn’t the best main healer if she takes by far the most skill to succeed with.

1 Like

all unnecessary changes.

the focus shouldn’t be on her blaster at all as its a last resort most times and she has to swap weapons and stop healing to defend herself with her pistol.

the focus is on her healing.

its why her own self defenses are lacking and why she has only 200 health and can only fly to teammates.

Do some minor buffs to ana and what not.

let ana headshot or something or give her some shield health idk.

3 Likes

The moment any of the supports get anywhere near the level Mercy/Zen are they just get added to the comp and it becomes 3 support like what already happened.

So if thats the route you wanna go, in order to create balance you could buff other 4 supports, then you have to buff pretty much every DPS so that they can actually kill them, then buff every tank because do much damage is going out, then possibly increase health pools so that kill times don’t get so quick.

So you can do ALL of that OR you can nerf Mercy and Zen…

2 Likes

becauses shes highly immobile,lacks self sustain,and is easily dived.

those 3 things will keep her out of the meta and will allow for just about any other healer to be a better choice.

2 Likes

Mercy doesn’t need more nerfs to an already trash rework. She needs to be reworked again. In the meantime some of the other support healers need buffs of their own. Resurrect as a standard ability on a fixed cooldown, which is still effectively her ultimate (as it can have quite an impact), is a problem with Mercy… not her consistent healing which was the same before the trash rework.

3 Likes

Shameless self-promotion because bunnies have no shame, only fluff

That’s my take on Mercy anyway. :wink:

2 Likes

Why she shouldn’t be the best healer.

So just because she requires the most amount of skill she needs to be the most powerful healer at all times?

Does this mean you support than OP Ana meta?

Mercy shouldn’t be the best support, but she should have the most consistent healing output available, because that’s all she does.

Reinhardt is the bigger issue here.

Still outshines Winston, D.va, Orisa, Roadhog

The main issue is his impact for effort.
Due to his consistency he outblocks both Winston and Orisa severly with minimal effort.
Even GM Orisa’s can’t really outblock reinhardt.
Now I’m not here to bash rein, Infact when my dps slot is filled, he is my go to main tank hero. I never use anything else (maybe Zarya if we already have Reinhardt and they have dive comp)

The changes I think he needs:
• Reduce shielding from 2000 to 1500
• The cooldown of shatter shouldn’t go to 0% if stunned while casting
• Increase fire strike projectile speed from 26.66m/s to 40m/s

We take away some of his power in shielding category and make his strike more usable offensively.

On top of that his pickrate and winrate are even higher than Mercy’s while having only team synergy with Zarya.

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

What? What would you want that? That’d ruin the game.

Hey mercy is the best among all the supports for a couple of seasons and she requires significantly less skills… game is still doing well :man_shrugging:

Barriers are also a problem

All you’d be doing is swapping the Mercy Megathread for the Ana megathread.

Frankly I don’t see how that’d fix anything :confused:

At least the game will be decided by who had the better Ana player and you’d be climbing cause of your own skills rather than damage boosting the hanzo and pressing left click :man_shrugging:

I dont think anyone wants games to be decided by the “better Ana”. It would be much better if the game was decided by the better support composition (i.e. every support is equally viable).

Making Ana the best healer only forces everyone to learn and play only her.

No one is forcing you to use her, so her skill cap shouldnt have a giant influence on her powerlevel.

If every high skill hero were the best at their roles only like 6 heroes would be played and the rest of the entire cast would be defunct because playing a hero who was made obviously weaker is a waste of time.

5 Likes

That’s a given :man_shrugging:

The thing is a low skill hero is outshinning a high skill hero so even if it still presents the same issue and i’m all down for finding a middle ground solution… I’d rather have a high skilled hero outshine a low skill hero…

It’s sad when someone has high mechanical skills and is capable of playing high skilled heroes finds themselves forced to play mercy because there’s no reason to play Ana… it’s also sad when your teammates pressure you switch off a high skilled hero because the low skilled one is better…

At least if it’s vice versa your team will be understandable that you’re incapable of playing a high skilled hero so they’ll let you remain on the hero you prefer.

1 Like

All supports cannot be equal by design since they’re all different someone is going to be at the top. Zen has been meta since season 4 but no one has a problem with it for some reason

I want Ana to be the best utility support, not the best healer and not always the best support.

1 Like