[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

That’s not the case. I got suspended (as you probably already know) and I lost level 3… Only to receive it again the next day.

As someone that has played HotS since the ALPHA – after the departure of Dustin Browder and the arrival of Alan Dabiri (for the position of Game Director), the development of HotS changed for the better.

The overall pace and content being delivered has picked up and the game is in a much better shape.

2 Likes

To be fair, the dude never played any version of Mercy with mass rez.

Still… it’s a bittersweet feeling to see a pro acknowledge Mercy’s barebones basics as being much more complex than meets the eye, when not even five minutes earlier I was on the mega commiserating that she’s actually braindead simple compared to Mercy 1.0.

I really want to know how that pro would have reacted, if he had tried to learn Mercy back when she was ACTUALLY complex (by Mercy player’s standards).

8 Likes

I see what you’re saying. Yes, she takes more skill than some people are willing to admit. It’s true that her skill set is different, but that doesn’t automatically make it easier to play her. Mass rez added a lot more depth to her play though, which made playing her a constant chess game.

4 Likes

Do you have to create new threads for it? I read almost 20k of posts, yet remain level 2…

Check out this idea! :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you have to make threads for it. I’m just shocked I got it

No, you do not have to create threads.

I see the Mercy hate is still strong on these forums. Good to see things never change.

Some person said that they missed mass rez, and I guess that’s a bad thing to do here. They called them a salty crybaby who cant hide anymore. Leave cause you have no skill…yada…yada…yada

Good work on your community Blizzard. Just like your balance you cant even control that.

10 Likes

Mercy mains still getting hate and yet the ones hating her and her players are probably the same people who see 2 instalock DPS players and still decide we need a 3rd or 4th DPS while blaming literally everyone else for losing the game.

Because why flex to help the team when you can pick ANOTHER damage hero and decide it’s everyone else’s fault?

1 Like

Just be patient (or patience?).

Someday they’ll do something for mercy, i’m sure of it. Only mercy still has pinned megathread, it’s a sign that they still planning to do something, but maybe expect it on a few months later. Maybe half a year or something.

I’ll link you the post I made about that. I’m talking about something that happened some years ago and endured until more or less the beginning of Mercy’s rework.

Yeah, I know that. They suddenly decided that rez could be her identity still being an E ability and that they could balance it properly. Huge mistake, it’s impossible to balance rez as an ability while fitting with Mercy as a character.

I have described Mercy’s identity plenty of times. It’s a triangle of these three:
1 and 2: her focus: single target healing and mobility
3: her signature: rez (along with “Heroes never die” which now is straight arkward with valkirie because they can’t fit together)

Mercy’s rework completely messed up rez, and with its current design it messes too Mercy’s mobility. Valkirie allows Mercy to heal in an aoe, so it can bother her single target healing too, because that was her strenght and her weakness at the same time. Yes, she is great consistently healing her team, but she couldn’t heal everyone at the same time, so she needed skill for solo healing her team without anyone dying. Now with valkirie, that’s given, so she has not that weakness. She can use valkirie as Lucio would use his amp it up, with the great difference that you can at least chase the Lucio. Mercy will fly out of LoS or range.

Summing up, this rework finally messed up the whole Mercy’s character, either directly or indirectly. That’s what happens when you bring back two bad designs to the game. Usually when you commit the same mistakes twice or more times, you don’t achieve different results. That’s a common sense rule, and Blizz should know that.

I said that many times. I was a flex player, and I noticed these facts from my own experience while playing different heroes:
1- Widow: I had to learn a lot about how to aim, maybe the highest level in the game. Without headshots she loose a lot, so if I had bad aim (which I had) I was going to suck and be flamed.
2- Soldier: Too easy. Same positioning as any average character, average aim, and pretty easy to use abilities. I played him because he was a perfect counter to Pharah, but I found him really boring.
3- Junkrat: Lowest skill floor but he had some little challenges when you got used to him, like aiming a flyin Pharah. Also, the chaotic factor could be very fun.
4- Reinhardt: Great positioning and team awareness, I had great problems with him because of that.
5- Mercy: Yes, low skill floor, but if played engaging (not hiding) she had a huge skill ceiling up there. I always was surprised of how I was learning all my other characters through her. I could aim, learn about positioning, team awareness, I had to think about how to use my own resources, and mass rez had a level of complexity probably higher than any other ult in the game. Just her basics were challenging enough to master. Now she has lost a lot of her skill ceiling. Indeed, it’s more or less the same as her skill floor when talking about her E and Q.

6 Likes

So… how is our “Nerf Mercy” movement doing today? xd

I’m in the same boat as you, i should have all the prerequisites and never been banned or anything, dunno why i don’t have it yet

Still going to put this in here because Mercy needs our help!

I’m trying my best to get her nerfed to F tier. Then they have to rework her again, and Blizzard has to have learned from the first rework where they went wrong…maybe :expressionless:

Seems like you have everything under control in that thread tho, just finished reading trough it! If someone needed some bashing because it was spitting bs on your thread i would have gladly killed him but there was only one crazy guy at the beginning that got gang(you know the rest of the word) from all the users in thread.

1 Like

Trust levels never die ! :rofl:

Here are the full requirements

Source:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/6

1 Like

I don’t know what to think, probably the 50% visit time as i took a holiday of one week without internet?

Let’s see:

In the last 100 days

• must have visited at least 50% of days :white_check_mark:
    I’m not sure I understood this one, but your forum profile exists since 4 months, so you reached the 100 days, and it says you have visited for 64 days)
  • must have replied to at least 10 different topics :white_check_mark:
  • of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500) :negative_squared_cross_mark: Cap not reached yet
  • of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k) :white_check_mark:
  • must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes. :white_check_mark:
  • must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator) :white_check_mark: (I guess)
  • must not have been suspended :white_check_mark: (I guess)

If I’m right, the only thing you have to do is clicking on random threads until you have read 500 (you need 46 left from now).

You can use this to quickly check your level.

2 Likes