[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

oh don’t start this again. thank god mass ress doesn’t exist anymore. i was really tired of “just click on mercy head” mentality.

Not really, Mass Rezzes were never as common as believed to start with, and they were downright none-existent at the very top. Mercy pocketed the Pharah and rezzed her when she went down.

you don’t even have to kill the mercy just stun/boop/or pin her and her rez will be interrupted.

But Rez just isn’t necessary in my opinion. It doesn’t balance out anything in the game, it’s just a second chance ability.

You just stated the problem in your thread title, she is the most powerful healer while also being the easiest character to play.

forum members should tell owl players to “just kill mercy first” since they seem to be able to do it all the time when owl players struggle to do so
it’s almost like mercy has a lot of mobility and people peel for their support in owl

1 Like

Easiest characters to play are Moira and brigitte for sure.

I was talking about old Valkyrie Mercy. The double Rez and split beam won you fights 9/10 times if your team knew what they’re doing.

1 Like

That’s exactly the balance it brings, and what makes Mercy a top threat, and not a heal bot.

It’s the same reason that any other support is top priority: their kit heals, and often times, does things to…support.

Support =/= healbot, this belief is detrimental to the word ‘support’.

2 Likes

Ah, well if it wasn’t obvious I was just having a bit of fun with the deductions being made. I’m not suggesting she get her two instant rezzes back, especially not if she would still retain that 30-second rez.

1 Like

What’s the problem with healbot ? game needs healbots. if you don’t want to be a healbot you can play other characters.

Wouldn’t that imply that her base kit is stronger than other healers?

I mean, let’s look at it this way: When you pick Sombra, it isn’t for her DPS (even though she’s classified as a DPS) it’s for her utility. That’s what she brings to the table, other than being one of the few consistent healers. If you take that away, ALL she has is the healing ergo, a healbot.

It’s the reason she’s brought, it’s her utility.

But D.Va and Tracer being played in every match is A-OK.

You guys really just want Supports to be trash so they can’t do anything when you finally hit a shot hum?

1 Like

But a support’s primary job is to support the team. Be that through healing or utilities such as CC or Debuffs. Mercy provides support through her healing, Rez is just a cherry on top.

Honestly I’d trade Rez for a better Mercy at this point
She feels so wonky to me… Mostly because of her ult. I’m tired of everything being so confusing because Rez smh

Have you read the thread ? we are talking about those people who want a mercy buff. that should not happen.

This’ll be fun.

Being able to always rez the first pick when that first pick usually leads to your team getting steamrolled will always be too strong.

1 Like

No its just consistent. She has a chain healing beam/single target power booster,mobility that is tied to have an ally/an ally’s corpse nearby,and rez. Her kit isn’t stronger then the other supports its just more consistent. I mean she can heal through shields so the only thing thatll stop her healing are walls and her being dead or out of range which shouldn’t happen.