[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

It’s against the rules to make duplicate posts. Idk if replies are included, but personally I would be watching of copying all of that and pasting it everywhere. The burden of proof is on you. I can’t explain why something is incorrect, you have to explain why it is correct. There were tons of Mercy Mains in Top 500. It was a huge issue for a lot of the top players. Granted, a large part of the problem was the SR system at the time, but we are never going to see Mercy 1.0 without it so we won’t ever know what would’ve happened.

You could still run Ana, but against a grav? No defensive ults. Ana and Mercy are completely viable together, but there are weaknesses.

Actually, she is used mostly to pocketheal Pharah or Widow, and nothing else.

Both NYXL and Fusion used her with no Widow or Pharah on their team during the stage 2 finals, but yes she does synergise well with both of these heroes.

You could absolutely argue how enjoyable/engaging it is (or isn’t) though.

Finally, being balanced doesn’t mean to be good.

Agreed to an extent, although for the first time ever Mercy has healthy pick rates and win rates across the entire spectrum of play. From Bronze to professional. This has never been the case before.

Her winrate suggests balance, her pickrate (to a lesser extent) suggests people enjoy playing her.

Objectively, this is a pretty good spot for her to be in.

Imagine this. Next patch. Mercy’s E and Q removed and replaced by… nothing. She still has the same pick/winrate for some reason. Would that be good? I guess not.

I agree, but there is no evidence that this would be the case.

And no, the two game sample size of OWL valk teamfight winrate is not evidence. It was even caveated by the author that no meaningful conclusions can be drawn from the data. The sample size is just too small.

Mercy’s current design encourage hiding from Mercy

I would argue that you are confusing “hiding” with good positioning.

When has Mercy ever been designed to not “hide”?

suicidal game from her team

I haven’t ever experienced this.

unskilled game (pile up ults for free win) from the enemy team

This is bad for a team to do regardless of whether there is a Mercy in the game to mass ress or not. It’s simple ult economy. Unless of course it’s the last fight of a game. I’ve discussed mass ress many times so I won’t go into it too much.

My main thoughts around the Mercy situation are as follows:

1. It’s perfectly acceptable to say that you don’t find Mercy fun.
  2. Her playstyle has largely remained unchanged since launch (outside of ult). If you only enjoyed the hero for her (imo broken) ult, maybe you never actually enjoyed the hero in the first place.
  3. If you want to suggest changes to make her more fun, you need to keep in mind that she is objectively and statistically balanced, more so than ever before. Therefore any changes you suggest should keep her roughly at the same power level. Saying “I know Mercy is balanced but she isn’t fun, so here’s an idea for a buff that will make her fun” doesn’t work. There needs to be a tradeoff.
  4. Because of her objective balance, I would suggest any changes should be tweaks rather than a massive overhaul/rework. Success for me would be appeasing Mercy players by making her more fun while maintaining her current pickrate/winrate.

This is wrong. It should be:

4 Likes

What is Sjw? Foreigner over here, apologies.

Social Justice Warrior

Social Justice Warrior. People like feminist extremists who are seen as “triggered” a lot. I think they’re calling mercy mains SJWs but I’m not sure.

You are… right! xd

Ok.

Show me how Mercys pickrate, winrate and OWL show she is in a bad place right now. With your statistics in math.

Since you’re going to say her pickrate is lower than 1.0, please show me how much Moira has lowered her pickrate, since she has only been present for 2.0. Moira has the highest pickrate of all supports so she will reduce the pickrates of the others.

I respect the offer and am open to it.

I have in another post and both are true. <3

I already have today twice not doing it again. I just got home and I’m gonna enjoy my meal and some games in LoL

3 Likes

At this point, the questions we have answered have been asked far too many times. Why should we have to re-write the same thing over and over when it’s already been addressed, and thoroughly?

1 Like

Because if you don’t, no one is going to listen to you? I’m a Mercy Main/Main Support that loves her current spot right now. I’m not going to join this crusade if I don’t have a reason to.

There are threads that have been closed and shuffled into here at the top of this Megathread if you are interested in reading. A lot of people are done repeating themselves over and over again. There is nothing more to add since we have stated every single point possible and the same responses that we keep getting are “why is it a good idea.”

I for one stated what needs to be changed about current Valkyrie to make it at least effective if they want to keep it as an ultimate but it got thrown into here. Nobody cares just like the people that keep asking “why?” If you care enough to try and understand where we are coming from then sit and read the 117 threads listed at the top of the Megathread that explain everything.

3 Likes

Being balanced has nothing to do with having a bad design/kit. That’s a strong enough reason for being changed, even stronger than just being a bit unbalanced, something that can be fixed usually with simple tweaks or QoL changes. If you take a look on other Blizzard’s games, you will see that some characters have been reworked because of having a bad design, and now Mercy has a bad design.

Fortunately, pros have discovered that Mercy’s basics are strong and can be used, something they never tried before. They have just discovered the wheel. However, even the best world Mercys have said that current Mercy is not good and she has not ultimate at all.

Her winrate is okay, but her pickrate is arguable, because there are a lot of people who simply loves the character, so they will pick her even if she is horrible. Just two examples, Vale and EeveeA still play Mercy despite they don’t like her atm. Mercy is one of those character with unconditional fans, so her pickrate will be more or less good even if she is F-tier. By now, her pickrate is lower than before the rework, and that means that she is being played less than before the rework, when she was balanced too.

I said “Imagine”. Remember. I’m telling you to imagine that case. Only that.

No, sorry, if old Mercy taking cover during an ult was hiding, then a Mercy who must leave her team and hide in order to achieve a single rez or one who flies behind a wall out of everyone’s LoS during 15 seconds, those are hiding Mercys, and indeed they are hiding more than any old iteration.

Before the rework you could choose to not hide and play engaging in the middle of the fight. A lot of us have been complaining about that removal for a long long time.

A lot of people had, and usually it’s followed by the suicide player posting “Rez” and starting yelling you if you can’t or don’t want to rez him for any reason, being rez on cd one of them.

So you are telling me now how ult economy works? Funny fact, I told a lot of people that Mass Rez was good exactly because it encouraged ult economy and smart game because you couldn’t throw all your ults for a free win. Another funny fact, that was the second reason of why Mercy got reworked, next to her being “unfun to play against”.

That would be fine if she had a good design, which is not the case. She is balanced now, but she has great issues, so she can’t be changed only with QoL changes or little things. Current rez is bad, and it doesn’t fit with Mercy, but it’s too powerful as an E ability and it’s her signature as well, so Blizz won’t remove it. Valkirie is bad design too, because it doesn’t fit as an ultimate at all, it’s more like an E ability. People know that if something is buffed, then something must be nerfed for keeping the balance.

Your last phrase, however, is what everyone is trying to do suggesting changes for her E and Q, so no problem about it.

7 Likes

Unbelievable, nearly 14,000 posts and not a single comment from the developers still? I’ve also observed that any discussion about Mercy outside of this megathread that’s the slightest bit negative is being thrown into this megathread. I guess it’s a good thing I don’t play Overwatch at the moment or even care about the game at the moment, if the devs don’t even appear to care about our feedback.

I’m not going to post the same thing I did a few times regarding Mercy, it’s clear they are currently ignoring us. Time to move on to another game for now, which I already have found something to keep me entertained. Unless her pick rate/win rate dramatically drops then I guess they won’t be doing anything anytime soon sadly.

EDIT: On the other hand Jeff was fast enough to reply to a small thread fairly quickly regarding Mercy’s mass res in uprising (which isn’t coming back either, she’ll keep the same boring ultimate she has for uprising).

11 Likes

You were harping on reposting stuff. I’m saying I’m done repeating myself and so are others. That is the entire point of my post.

1 Like

But the League though!

1 Like

I find it pretty funny that Jeff is quick to knowledge Will mercy have mass rez for uprising? but there hasn’t been any developer Update/Mod update Since the forum peaked 13725 and basically having the automod lock it to have Tom Powers unlock it.Right now as it stand it only shows how blizzard as a company & the Overwatch team aren’t willing to help us the players out but feel the need to cater to the “Overwatch league Pro” and ignore us paying customers all together! All we want is a dev & a post saying “hey we are here for you” and not just treat us like trash…

1 Like

Just a random and silly idea:

Feedback Pro
Gain the right for your feedback to be heard! Only 9.99$ per month! xd

9 Likes