[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

.35 is almost instant I forgot to mention

I realise that now thanks lol. Imma edit my post to be more of an open discussion with my idea as an addon thanks

mass rez didn’t make her a must pick. She had mass rez in season 1-3 when she was considered as bad as symmetra “must pick” hilarious

2 Likes

ive edited my original post to represent more what i was going for, thanks for ze replys so far tho

@Jmadura17 i wasnt here for those seasons but from what i know from almost anyone who talks about the old mercy is that she was a must pick for her ult. If your mercy can insta rex your whole team after the enemy has burnt there ults and abilities id call that a must pick ult seeing how unless the mercy isnt being kept careful track of all your progress could be deleted by a HEROS NEVER DIE!

She was underpowered which warranted a change paired with people complaining about mass res made the devs change ir

EeveeA suggested something I liked. Earn your resurrects - when you participate in a fight and heal, or damage boost, you earn energy (like Torb’s scrap). With enough, you can resurrect rather than have it on a 30 second static cooldown. This prevents Mercy from resurrecting a really hard-to-pull-off kill from far away, or walking back from spawn and being able to do it again.

They could reduce the cast time because of this.

-edit-
Here’s the link:

2 Likes

Yeah i liked the idea but it makes me a tiny bit worried that people might sabotage game play a little to get the rez faster? I cant explain it aside from a mercy going battle mercy for majority of the time but thats far fetched.

I’m not saying it has anything to do with Valk. Valk is good but it isn’t as good as say, sound barrier. Add a rez with short cast time in their though and it gives her a buff that would instantly launch her into OP status

I think they addressed that. It discourages being a battle Mercy.

I recommend reading over that thread. She actually went into a lot of detail and she’s a pretty renown Top 500 Mercy.

1 Like

If a Mercy has to use her pistol over healing to get ult/ability charge faster then either your team is taking zero damage or the Mercy has quite literally zero idea as to what she is doing

Realistically they’d have to make the charge super high or else a tank would give super fast chain res honestly it couldn’t realistically work since you can’t have the balance the mercy mains want and the rest of the community

Blizzard’s goal with Mercy is to not have her save her ult for when people die. They have been very clear on this.

ANY BUFF TO REZ DURING VALKYRIE FORCES MERCY TO SAVE HER ULT FOR WHEN SOMEONE DIES.

Even if it only decreases her cast time for rez by half, Mercy players will save their ult for a moment they want to rez someone faster than normal. And any Mercy who chooses to use it to travel faster, help with a push, or escape a dangerous situation will be yelled at by her team, because everyone else imagines that if she saved it to rez them, they would change the course of battle and win the game.

They will never put a buff to rez in Valkyrie ever again. It goes against what their vision for her is, and her pick rate is still one if the best in the game so they most likely don’t think she needs it anyways. People need to accept this, and if they think Mercy needs a buff, come up with things that don’t involve rez. Because you’re just wasting energy.

1 Like

Also, people say that her ult is bad because you can’t use it to save a fight, like you could Trans or Sound Barrier. You have to use it to engage now.

They covered that as well lol. They proposed a pretty decent ult-charge requirement increase. :slight_smile:

20charactersneedstobenerfed

1380 isn’t really much

This is off topic but how do you have so much time on Sombra on psn? Every time i pick her i end up having to fill because when i choose dps everyone else decides to too, teach me yur ways.

Here’s a compromise for ya. Give Mercy only one instant Rez on Valk. Then stop. Stop asking for Mercy changes.

I mained her when she came out, and continued to stay on her while other people dipped because she wasn’t like other DPS heroes. And after that, I just got better, kept practicing, and exclusively played her with my friends on PSN so they’d fill with me.

On PC, it’s kinda the same. I only recently started to stop enjoying her as much (mostly due to the panic nerfs that gave her buggy LoS and other issues)

As a static number, yeah it seems low. But Mercy isn’t always healing or damage boosting, there are a lot of disengagements and downtime.

Now for me it’s down to two possible things that would make me ever want to pick her back up again

1. Give her the second rez during ult again as well as reduced cast time in exchange she loses regen during Valk possibly make it shorter again as well.

2. Give her an ability that prevents death and remove rez (maybe make her only able to unlock rez whole ulting if they do that make it one instant rez)

I’m fine with not playing her any more but if they made her ult feel like your actually helping your team instead of just watching I’d enjoy her again.