[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

It seems apparent the devs aren’t reading this thread. You can find their ‘read post count’ which currently highly indicates they aren’t keeping up or reading this thread daily as they once claimed some time ago :slight_smile:.

Our fight continues for a currently balanced but also fun and engaging Mercy. At this point I’m out of suggestions though. It’s clear they don’t want to explore any form of mass res so I guess we need to look at what to change with Valkyrie. I’d say shorten the duration, allow her chain beam to deliver a fair bit more to her target (while those on the chain beams either get the same current rate or a little less). I’d say instant resurrect during Valkyrie but some people are against it… ugh. Perhaps slightly faster GA during Valkyrie.

Bringing back some iteration of mass rez =/= revert. Did someone called the Dva rework a revert? I guess not, but she is again a fat dps, no longer a tank. Her matrix has been reverted to not useful for a real tank, btw.

They never said that. Also, Jeff himself had two famous statements before the “no plans of reverting her”.

“We will never bring Deathmatch to Overwatch”

“Never say never”

Guess what happened. Just a hint. We already had Deathmatch.

All false. Even the best world Mercys are saying that she has no skill ceiling at all. She is the least engaging she has ever been and takes absolutely zero skill out of her basics, which are disrupted by her E and Q, two great design mistakes that need to be corrected, aka reworked. Resurrect has no placement as an E ability as it promotes bad game from everybody, and Valkirie has no placement as an ultimate, because it is just an unengaging Amp it up that forces Mercy to hide.

As a support she is strong because of her basics, but her E and Q are cancer. They need an entire rework, not buffs, not nerfs.

Just to summarise, Blizz stated that Resurrect will always be part of Mercy’s kit, as they know that it’s 1/3 of her identity and her whole signature, even after being destroyed with the rework. Remove the remove idea, please.

They won’t do that. They will never completely remove it. If they remove it as an E ability, they will have to set it in other place. Maybe her ult again. Then, I will agree with you. That’s the place Resurrect really deserves.

I’d trade Valkirie as it can’t save anything nor fit with its own voice line. It’s not an ultimate and it forces Mercy to disengage and hide.

You and a few more don’t want it. A lot of people really want it back. Others can discuss different options.

My brother is a Zenyatta main and he wants it back. I am a flex player (could even say Widow main due to my tons of hours with her on vs AI) and want it back. I have even seen Genji mains who admitted that they want it back. Reality is a bit different of your personal likes.

That’s what the dpss cry babies are saying because it’s impossible to have a support who can beat them. Sorry, but I hope Blizz will realise that this is Overwatch, not Dpswatch. Dpss must learn to think in order to win, not just hide and press Q to win.

Sadly, there is an exception to this rule: Mercy. She has no skill ceiling now.

No more nerfs. She has been destroyed enough. She is balanced but horrible to play, the last thing she needs now is to be horrible to play and f-tier.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m okay with other heroes being fixed (or I hope they will fix them, not ruin them as Mercy has been). However, Mercy now has a selfcontradictory kit, no burst at all, a lot of flaws, and encourages bad game from everyone, herself being the first. Being a bad design is even more serious than simple balance and it’s more than enough for forcing drastic changes. Mercy needs a rework.

This work in both ways. Considering that Mercy now is very unpopular unlike before the rework and there is a large amount of people who want to hear about any character but Mercy after so many constant changes each single patch, would that people like hearing again about more Mercy changes? I guess not.

The problem is that a good Mercy could do exactly the same as what Valkirie offers with just some skill. Valkirie removes any challenge of her basics. That’s only one of the main reasons of why so many people hate it. Forcing her to disengage and hide in the skybox is another one. People want something challenging and engaging like mass rez was out of its exploit. Mercy never needed an ez mode, and Valkirie is only that thing. She never needed it, nor need it now already.

Even the best world Mercys have said that she has no skill ceiling nor ultimate at all.

Before the rework she was fun but underpowered (5%-0% pickrate during seasons 2 and 3). After the rework she was unfun but overpowered beyond imagination. See where the failure is?

None of those abilities punish so much the player just for using them as current rez does.

This was stated by Ark, the pro player: “I try to play selfish”. I don’t want to sound rude but none a support should be played selfishly, if they already are better played that way, that’s bad design.

This design is bad, that’s more serious than simple balance, which is easier to fix. As this design has reached its dead end (aka, balanced) the only solution is another rework, this time in the right direction. Resurrect is horrible as an E ability and Valkirie is at the same level as Lucio’s amp it up, not a real ultimate. The rest of her current kit can be kept as it is.

Finally, sorry but a large % of Mercy’s pickrate and a lot of no Mercy players find her incredibly unfun to play as and with, and want her old ult back, not only the 0,2% you are suggesting. That was more like the percentage of people who wanted her mass rez to disappear.

Just for remembering, they once (recently) merged here a trol post just because it said “Nerf Mercy, she is OP”. It had the taboo word, so they threw it here. It was no feedback at all, and it even got flagged and banned. They didn’t care.

Another trol post merged here without previously checking it, it seems? Sigh…

4 Likes

Well yeah. I hate Valk lol
I just wish balancing wasn’t so confusing because of Rez. Everyone’s convinced that Rez is so powerful, that making any other part of her kit any different will make her op. :confused:

Post Preamble:

Give it a read, it won’t hurt you _:wink:

And yet that still done because what more can you do about enemy Ultimates as Mercy? Well just try to walk back to spawn at that point or failing that hope the enemy team kill you soon after… :cry:

2 Likes

Post Preamble:

Things seem to have become more active today in the void…

Post Preamble:

Well isn’t that nice…

Post Preamble:

Its at least one way to remove the “Hide n’ Rez” perception because you just cannot do it then.

Valkyrie could be reworked into a fine “E” ability.

Say instead of Regeneration it gives a non-regening shield (but for balance reasons, also turns off regular Regeneration).

IDK if Mercy should even do Chain Healing. I think that should be left to other healers.

I have thought of an idea that make Mass Rez work with it only restoring half health, but you could increase that by staying on Teammates for along a possible to charge up “Angelic Health” which make Rez stronger if you stayed in the fight for as long as you could making for counterplay and for better sense of achievement in doing a stronger Rez.

1 Like

We (the majority of Mercy mains) don’t want to bring back OP Moth Meta, we (the MAJORITY of Mercy mains) just want her to be FUN, rewarding, and skillful again, because this current iteration of Mercy is none of the above. Jeff Kaplan stated they would look at Mercy again ‘when the dust settles’ and I can assure you that the dust has settled and we are still unhappy.

(PSA don’t bother commenting ‘bUT i HAvE fUn plAYinG mErCY!’ That’s why I said the majority of Mercy mains.)
(PSAA if any of you specifically comment bUT i HAvE fUn plAYinG mErCY I will loose my marbles)

*Guess I gotta make an edit.
cough cough No one goes on the forums, you say, so obviously most Mercy mains like the new update. It’s not like I talk to Mercy players on many other social media platforms and IN THE GAME ITSELF, so obviously you people are right, us people posting on the forums should just shut up because we are a m i n o r i t y.

28 Likes

How is Mercy not rewarding right now? She’s one of the most used supports in OWL? Significantly more important than Ana right now? One of the two main healers that are viable.

12 Likes

#RevertMercy
:popcorn:

12 Likes

bUT i HAvE fUn plAYinG mErCY
Have fun with no marbles

9 Likes

says who ? how do you know this ?

5 Likes

thanks a LOT now I have to start my collection all over again >:(

5 Likes

(PSA don’t bother commenting ‘bUT i HAvE fUn plAYinG mErCY!’ That’s why I said the majority of Mercy mains.)
(PSAA if any of you specifically comment bUT i HAvE fUn plAYinG mErCY I will loose my marbles)

You personally know and speak for the majority of mercy mains? Who elected you the representative? May as well be saying “my echo chamber is right and if you say the opposite, no, you’re wrong.” This is why these threads are moved back to the echo chamber.

6 Likes

H… Have you even read the megathread…?

7 Likes

So basically “I’m the majority, and if you make any effort to deny that, you will be ignored.”

Great, solid debate you’re setting up here my dude.

6 Likes

I’d like to see Rez as earnable. I don’t mind it on E but it’s such a powerful E ability.

I mean Lucio’s E is Amp It Up which provides boosted heals/speed.

Zenyatta’s E is his Discord, increase damage to a target by 30%

Ana’s is able to negate healing for enemies and splash healing for teammates

Moira’s is her orbs

And Brigitte is burst healing with the over as temp armor.

Mercy, brings somebody back to life.

Comparison wise it’s way unbalanced.

Give her a disenage where she doesn’t need to rely on her teammates to get her out of trouble (Hey Widow, come close to the edge so I can GA to you for safety).

And her ult, well, I still wanna see it just be an AoE reduce damage ult. Like 30% (at the most 40%) damage reduction for like 6-8 seconds.

2 Likes

You mean the place where people who use the forums go? The MINORITY of the playerbase?

5 Likes

Right right, and all those memes and other Mercy mains outside of the forums complaining about Mercy don’t count, cuz they aren’t on the forums. Gotcha pham.

7 Likes

How on earth do you find mercy fun ???

1 Like