Features the game needs

1. Friendly fire - at the very least friendlies you are shooting thru should block the shots. Otherwise we will continue to have death ball compositions which limit angle play and planning maneuvers. In general, this will probably only effect lower elo’s because higher elo are already playing angles.

2. Remove footstep noise and other wall hack mechanics. They remove danger from the game by guaranteeing you know when and from where you are being flanked just by turning up the headset.

3. Bumper physics. The gravity in this game is way the heck too low. Bumped by rein hammer into lucio boop into brig flail. These need to be quicker to resolve so you don’t spend an eternity floating back down to earth. They also need to be more visually directed. It shouldn’t be a mystery where the enemy is going to be bumped too and how far. We want to remove question marks from player actions and results. EDIT - also, need to remove the midair control from all characters that don’t fly. It is silly that characters can course correct midair anymore than I can do that.

4. Similar to 3, PUT A FREAKING RADIUS on the cart. This Ruins clutch moments because overtime runs out SO fast that you can’t even accidentally move 1mm to far without having time to back step. “Lol c9” shouldn’t be so frequent.

5. Un counterable abilities - regular cooldown abilities that remove player agency and swing whole fights just by their one use. Ana Anti nade and lucio speed are the main two I’m thinking of. Speed is not something that can be countered, nor is removing the ability of the supports to do anything. Or IF they keep their abilites, they need to have the lowest healing.

6. Character differentiation in movement - all characters need to have different speeds, and much more varied heights. This will challenge people with good aim to adjust from their pre-planned shots, and make group engagements more interesting because not everyone will arrive at the same time, nor retreat at the same pace.

7. Projectiles attacks - these need to be much less forgiving for aim and time of impact. Hanzo, Zen, Mei are the major ones I’m thinking off where you can see the projectile coming, fully side step the shot. But then die anyway. Then you check the replay and the bolt goes fully past your character or over your shoulder, but the game just moves the shot to your head, maybe 2 ft or more to the side.

I hope some of these are addressed in OW2. Thanks

2 Likes

I’m liking these ideas!

:smirk_cat: :+1:

1 Like

I thought this was bait but you’re actually serious oh my god

3 Likes

This is exactly why they don’t take Bronze players opinions for balance :skull:

1 Like

this will be fun, so here we go…

i mean…just what? angles are for everyone, stop being so obtuse

this is part of game sense, if you cant track your enemies or listen to the environment, you deserve to die…

theres also a cyborg ninja, a man-bear-pig, a talking monkey, AI, a hjamster rolling in a massive ball…ITS A VIDEO GAME deal with it

this boils down to game sense, its about staggering touches at that point, one at a time (voice chat also helps)

i mean since its ow1, stand behind one of your shields…play corners and natural cover

they already do this…jump into practice range and look at the different heights of each char you will notice they ARE NOT ALL THE SAME

you cant win them all…sometimes you just die…learn from it, take a different route, dont walk in a straight line?

3 Likes

Lack of friendly fire means people can infinitely stack on each other from the same team. That makes it optimal to move thru a choke point by stacking on the same point. It also maximizes outgoing damage with blindfire while freely shielding smaller characters.
If they cannot stack, it adds more value for dps to have actual LOS. That will force more off angle play. While I know, this occurs already for higher elo, for lower it doesn’t, and won’t change much for hi elo players.

What did I say? It’s like we said the same thing. Yeah, it’s game sense. If You GIVE people audio queues from around full cover, what game sense do you need? You literally KNOW where they are. It removes danger from the game and devalues actual gamesense.

Yeah…that’s not actually an argument for anything. You notice I actually put reasons why that would make the game play better for everyone involved right? Saying “derp, but there are flying spider monkeys in the game derp”…isn’t actually an argument…

? what game sense? not knowing if you are actually “on the cart”? having several abilities in the game that are not resistible that clear it guaranteed? Like I said, “lol c9” shouldn’t be happening so often. It takes away from the game when a boop or a misstep for 1/1000th of a sec ends the round early. Hell, I’d rather that overtime just stop respawns or something.

yeah, I mean, that’s kinda what I’m trying to change with this post right?
Shield meta isn’t fun because it’s an uncounterable ability that only removes the opponents ability to effect anything…kinda the same as anti nade for the supports…

bro…come on now…torb is the only one with a different height in his role. All the tanks have basically the same head height except dva because mech…all the supports have the same head height…You know that pre-aim is a thing and it’s not exactly hard to know where the head hitbox is.

are we talking about the same thing? I’m pretty sure I made it clear in my quote that “walking in a straight line” isn’t the problem. Fully side steping a shot and watching it miss but then the game deciding you died is the problem. Either speed the shots up, make them more lethal in exchange or something, because it ruins game play when what you see doesn’t match whats actually calculated in the game. Same with the carts.

1 Like