Feature request : private settings

Wait what? I said if you do this, you literally avoild the stamp. Not say that you shouldn’t be able to copy anything.

Ooo, over exaggerations? Spicy.

Obviously not. I’m saying reasoning, not suggesting. It’s almost like your being a hypocrite for calling me a hypocrite. Hypocrite-ception. In fact,

Hypocrite-ception-ception!

I said

Not preset/code. Rules. You said yourself

Aka, recycling code by copying it? Again,

Good point here, however you can only copy via saving preset so the stamp system would work a little differently than you think, it isn’t just a stamp on the desc and done (however you can set it to that).
E.g, creator makes game, the creator chooses a form of “stamp” in options of the gamemode OR in gamemode options. If it was in gamemode options the creator will ALWAYS have those stamp options for the gamemode. If it was in workshop options it will only be for the workshop mode

person 1 copies the gamemode by saving as preset

Person 1 copies 5 of the rules then pastes it into their gamemode

whatever the mode the creator set the stamp to, their credit will be shown up however the creator set it to. e.g by spawn message, description message, etc.

With this stamp selection you don’t have to completely make the settings private.

Except that’s what OP is suggesting and… you were as well? Did you change your mind or something?
Anyways, merry christmas, or happy holidays if you don’t celebrate that.

I see a problem here. Because rules get copied as a readable text, so they can be edited in a text editor. The “stamp” would have to be in readable text form aswell, so it would be easily removed or edited. The stamp would only work in exchange for the whole “edit in texteditor” thing.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right, and tbh I don’t think they should remove edit in text editor thing.
Maybe if you save the settings (that aren’t yours) you aren’t allowed to save those settings as a text file? However if you made your own gamemode you can save as text file. Could that work? Merry Christmas or Happy holidays to you as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally couldn’t care less about necessarily having a credit and see no point of stamps of any kind.