Fairly Suspended

Hi there,
I’ve been suspended for 8h for competitive play. The reasons I ‘left’ were not entirely my fault. One time my PC had no more power and I didn’t have enough time to rejoin the match even when I charged my laptop immediately, the second time our internet shut down for no reason and the last time I left on accident before the match had even started.
The last one is my own fault, but the other two are not something I could have prevented. I’ll wait the 8 hours before I can play again. But do they make a difference between the so-called ‘rage-quitters’ and players who accidentally leave the match, but still would like to rejoin (if possible)

Just a thought and do other players have this problem as well?
Thanks anyways

Edit: Changed the title, because it’s fair and it’s my fault

they don’t and they shouldn’t.
It doesn’t matter why you leave, it screws over your team mates all the same.
And if they would make a difference, people would abuse it. “Oh, I am loosing? Let me quickly disconnect my internet or force close the game.”

It does suck when you get booted from a match due to no immediate fault of your own, but there sadly isn’t a real fix for it.

19 Likes

8h suspension is just to make sure you have fixed your issues… if they had any information that can prove your intent to leave mid game you’d got something like 7-14 days suspension

2 Likes

I left a few comp matches due to things happening around the house. Most I’ve seen was like 10 minutes. If you’re seeing 8 hours, seems like you’re leaving too many games.

3 Likes

No I was afraid of that and you are probably right.
It does suck, but there is no way around it.
I just have to wait, but I was just curious if more people have this issue.

I occasionally get kicked from a game because our internet is acting up, but I learn from it and don’t queue again if that’s the case.

Check your laptop power before playing, don’t play if you know your internet is being weird (this one is hard to predict, admittedly) and don’t just leave games by accident.

Would also recommend not trying to squeeze in a game or 2 if you know something might come up - being asked to do something by someone in your home, having to go answer the door etc.

1 Like

tbg, this might be a blessing because of the state comp is in

1 Like

8 hours is because I ‘left’ 3 matches. Unfortunately, it all happened in 48hours that’s why I’m suspended for 8 hours I’m afraid.

Is it bad? I have played every single season up until like 20 or so and then never played it again, solely because QP and Arcade are just so much more enjoyable and I can play whatever I want without getting yelled at for playing the ‘wrong’ pick lol.
And I have all the gold weapons that I want + quite a few extras on characters I dont even play.

I might try it again in OW2

1 Like

Sorry mate but all of these issues are still your responsibility - not your teammates. If you feel like your set-up, connection or laptop can have regular hiccups like this during competitive play, don’t play competitive.

Your team should not be accommodating for you in this scenario

The developers have made it clear that people like you just shouldn’t play competitive and stick to Arcade or QP. I mean, I learnt the hard way because I used to play comp religiously despite my previously trashy internet. I got reported to hell and at first I thought it was unfair but maturing is realising that putting your team in a 5v5 scenario is also much more unfair.

2 Likes

I don’t run into these issues because I actually take steps to insure I won’t have these issues.

For one, I don’t play from a laptop. Not that I couldn’t but I don’t.

Two, I don’t use a wireless connection to my internet. Hardwired or nothing.

Three, I run a UPS Battery backup to keep power on both my system and the internet, with enough capacity to more than finish the match I’m in.

Four, I make sure I won’t be called away or have to take care of something mid-game.

Five, I even swap over to a DSL internet when playing Comp. I have Starlink here which is way faster, but occasionally it can kick me off the server due to some slight tree obstructions and/or other people using it. The DSL line that I have is a direct connection and I’m the only person on it when playing.

All that said, I have only dropped from Comp games 3 times in the past 5 years. And that was due to the ISP dropping out unexpectedly and then staying offline for half a day or more every time. lol

Anyway.

Take steps if you are serious about your comp play, otherwise maybe you shouldn’t play if you are going to have issues with your computer, your connection, etc.

Thanks.

Game on.

2 Likes

You sound a bit elitist there.
Not everyone has the option to ensure all those steps are taken.
As long as they only disconnect rarely, it’s not a big issue and if they do disconnect more frequently, well bans will take care of it

2 Likes

I never blamed my teammates. And it only happens a few times. And you’re right I should have checked my power and internet connection, but I want to get back in the match.

Also I don’t like it that my team/friends suffer and lose the match because of me and yes it is unfair.
But I’m not and I’ll never blame my teammates for something that happend to me.

It’s not fair that you said ‘people like me’ I played the game since 2018 and this is the first time I’ve been suspended. Just because I made a post about it if people have the same issues you can’t put a label on me

Welcome to the forums. Your issue is quite common and unfortunately you aren’t likely to get any sympathy from Bliz or anyone on the forums. Hopefully you won’t have a similar experience in the future.

2 Likes

I’m not saying you did. I’m saying that the issues you face on your side of the pond - whether it be your laptop charge or your fault connection - will, at the end of the day, negatively affect your teammates the most.

That’s fine. I’m saying you should avoid scenarios like this altogether by just not playing competitive.

I’ve played since 2016 and I said “people like you” because the developers have already addressed people who face personal issues like the one you’ve faced. Again, they have made it clear that y’all shouldn’t be playing competitive play if you know that disruptions can happen at any time.

Thank you so much friend.
I wasn’t looking for sympathy, just for people with the same problems

1 Like

old question: there is NO system that recognizes an intentional or unintentional leaving by the gamers.

what we could pretend from Blizzard is ONLY a monitoring of the leaving caused by its servers (it rarely happens, but it has happened) or concere greater range to re-enter a match.

The game can’t determine if you left on purpose or not.

Internet and PC problems can happen, but that’s our issue as a player. Nothing the game can do to fix.

How can you differentiate between both?

I may be a ‘rage-quitter’ who decided to unplug the router.
Then I come to these forums to say “my Internet shut down for no reason”.

How can you prove me guilty?

1 Like

And btw, what PC is this?
It allows to play Overwatch while unplugged.

Must be some of the latest technologies that are both efficient and powerful to run AAA games on battery at a high frame rate.