Failed to connect to server

This bug started happening on 7/1/2019 and never had prior problems till this date. Whenever me (US) and my boyfriend (NZ) start a party and join any game mode, it will find a game and look like its about to join but allows him to join the game but mine will sit there searching till I eventually get the failed to connect to server error, or if he leaves the party and the game prior to me receiving that error it will then let me join the game. We have both tried restarting our computer running repairs on the game. After several tries and restarts we managed to get it to work on 7/1/2019. But are receiving the same problems on 7/2/2019 with no fix.

Both of us are able to join games individually just not in groups.

7 Likes

having the same problem here. me (US) and my friend (NZ) are in the same situation. ugh they need to fix this soon.

im having the same probem but both of us are in the same country (aus) and only live half hour away. kept happening all last night

Yep having the same problems for the last 24 hours. Can play single mode but when join a group (AUS) and (Aus) it says failed to connect to server.
Contacted my network provider and nothing is wrong, followed troubleshooting problem from old forum posts. Still not working. Driving me mad.

same probs for both me and my friend (both from aus) PC (NA)

1 Like

I had the same issue- am in Australia (PC NA)

Same issue here, duo in aus in same house, fails ~50% of games (duos and solos seems to be worse with duos).
Makes comp unplayable after 3 DC’s due to lockout

i have that problem as well. It will say joining and then fail to join. going in solo is fine but when in a group i dont join. i tried to uninstall and the fix/ repair option but i have no luck.

This problems been going on for two days now and im seriously pissed off. Playing overwatch to releive the stress of the day has done the complete opposite and im now ready to spartan kick my console across the room. Fix the damn issue blizzard. It seems to be affecting aus/nz players in groups. There I have diagnosed the issue and done half your damn job now fix it… please.

3 Likes

Having this issue also. Three of our regular players can play together but the other three don’t join the server and we’re being penalised for “repeatedly leaving the game”

We’re all in Australia.

I lost 100sr and banned twice from this bug. Please fix!!!

Same issue here. Lost 50sr and banned once so far…

This post seems to be getting plenty of conversation and relates to the same issue

Yeah (AUS) player here. Solo I get into games and have 165+ms and can’t get into groups with a mate of mine who lives 15 minutes away. Solo Q works fine, Duo or more screws up and gives the “Failed to connect to server” message.