Failed to connect to server / unable to authenticate

“FAILED TO CONNECT TO SERVER”
I have a similar issue but it’s rather odd.

3 Things happen in my case:

1. I hit “Play” and the game takes 15-20minutes (no joke) to load up a blank black screen > then takes a random amount of time between 10-15min to load up the screen that says it’s logging me in.

2. I get to the screen that shows it’s logging me in and it disconnects with the error code “Failed to connect to server” “sorry, we were unable to log you in.” “unable to authenticate” “Time out communcating with blizzard services” or it’ll just sit there saying “connecting” and won;t let me on

3. the game loads up, I queue / or join a game and the second the game is finished i’m kicked from the server and given the message “failed to connect to the server”

The game was working PERFECTLY fine the few hours before this took place and I haven’t changed anything on my pc or downloaded any new programs that could mess with Overwatch or any of my games ( Heroes of the storm works fine and all other non-blizzard games as well)

I’ve done the recommended remedies that were posted on the BLIZZARD SUPPORT twitter and still no change in the situation.

Image : puu.sh/zXOMA/5433aa19b3.png

Extra Info: When I close Overwatch - it still says “PLAYING NOW” on the battleNET window.

I tried Heroes of the storm to see if the issue would be the same but fortunately , HotS is not going through the same issue. It opens/ plays/closes just fine. so this is definitely an issue with OVERWATCH.

Hopefully this get fixed before the event coming out on the 10th of April because this will be problematic if it goes on for the people who are affected by it.

1 Like

agree completely has happened to me unfortunately for all ive seen no explanation or concern by the blizzard staff…

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new post in the Technical Discussion Forum saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

Now that the event has started, it’s now come to a point where , I Get incredibly long loading times and once against I haven’t done anything to my computer to make this an issue.

One day Overwatch is working fine , the next, i’m sitting here telling my friends, lets jump on Overwatch, only for them to play 2-6 games without me while I say “i’m still loading the game”

UPDATE:

The connection isn’t the issue no more, i haven’t been getting network errors anymore but now the game just takes 15-20 minutes to load (again, Not joking or over exaggeration)

I’ve cleared my cache’s/ i’ve reformatting / cleaned my disk drive / restarted / done the BattleNet Scan and Repair / Reinstalled the game twice ETC.

the exact same thing is happening to me, wtf blizzard…

Update:

Now here’s the kicker.

on random days: The game will load perfectly and play
on other days : the game will load perfectly then disconnect me Mid game “Connection lost”
on other days : I’ll press PLAY and the game will not load for 20+ minutes now.
(no exaggeration because it’s happening to me Right now as i’m typing , my friend is a witness to this as well)

P.S. “Scan and Repair” Sometimes helps but then it just messes up and reverts back to all the previous problems I’ve listed. so that’s another remedy down the drain.