Failed to connect to server again, took 50 SR even though I reconnected to the game, won, and still lost 50 sr

Asia server. I’m duo with my buddy and it says failed to connect to server. I was in voice chat still and was able to talk in all chat. I reconnected to the game and we played, won. This is getting out of hand I don’t know what to do. It doesn’t happen all the time, but when it does it makes the game unplayable.

Rejoining a game is only possible during certain phases of the game. If you leave a game either during the pre-game or during the first minute of the game, the game will automatically cancel (remember the 10 second rule does not apply to the leaver, but as a warning to other players that the match will cancel). You can rejoin the match during the initial hero selection screen if you are lucky enough to quickly reconnect though.

Otherwise, you can only rejoin any-time after one-minute of match time has passed up until the match completes. However you only have two minutes to do so without penalty. If you rejoin a match after two-minutes, you will still automatically be marked with a loss an be penalized with a -50 SR cut and a ten-minute suspension. This rule ensures that no one can abusive the leaver system by attempting to return to a match after deliberately leaving in order to avoid such penalties. Furthermore leaving three or more times in a single match will result in an automatic penalty. If you fail to return to a match by the time it ends normally (regardless of match result) you will be penalized.

If you are disconnecting from Competitive frequently, please stop playing that mode and focus on these troubleshooting sterps:

What is this like a stock reply? This solves nothing for me. I’m not getting disconnected during a match nor is it a connection issue. I can join up in other game modes easy. When I queue up for comp it just keeps me stuck in the main splash screen and it won’t let me join the match. I can type in team or all chat and people can see what I write but I can’t do anything else.

That means your client isn’t connecting to the server the comp match is hosted on, which falls under connection problems. If you’re not interested in help from us MVPs (forum volunteers, not staff), the ticket system is available to you: Contact Support - Blizzard Support