Failed to Connect to Game Server

I can’t even get onto the game - screen just keeps saying “Game server connection failed… retrying”. Tried checking for updates and scanning the game files, but neither improved anything.

I have been getting “Failed to autherticate with xbox live” all day. yet to play.

Same. Have tried to connect a few times since 17:00 EST but have only got “Game server connection failed… retrying” regardless of the region (or PTR) that I select.

I’m trying on PC. I suspect it is some sort of error among all my blizzard games since SCII and Hearthstone also boot me out because of my client version, yet there’s no updates for me to install.

edit: After posting this I decided to test completely closing out the client and killing any processes still running in Task Manager. After relaunching the Blizzard Client, all 3 of the mentioned games updated and I’m able to get into overwatch.

If restarting the client (or rebooting the PC) doesn’t work, I’d suggest trying to see if anything’s still running in the background, though a reboot should also fix that.