Extreme lag on PS5

I’ve got the same problem here. Any news ?

Same issue usually the first minute like 1 frame a second, all happened after juno was pretested

Could be a fluke but tries open que and it was better than role que

Same thing happening on ps5. Hero select and spawn room are 1 fps and randomly throughout the game it will drop frames. Only on ps5. I play on xbox and PC with no issues. This has been happening for a while. Its horrible. Inexcusable. And unplayable. Please fix this.

1 Like

I’ve got this on video for the devs to look at the performance on specifically the PS5 version of the game

PS5 Performance Issues

Note, yes this is in the training range. It’s way worse in actual matches and I’m not trying to put anyone on my team through that.

1 Like

Training range servers are deprioritized, so you wouldn’t want to use them for testing anything other than your aim.

Thats why i added the last part of that post. Its not just training range. Its worse in normal matches. Please read

I did read, but a video from the training range won’t serve the troubleshooting process for your issue. You’d need one from matches to be useful to the developers working on the game. And since it’s a console problem, you’d want to post it in Bug Report because there is extremely limited troubleshooting for console systems (compared to PCs) in tech support and you’re beyond those steps.

Holy crow, so I’m not the only one!!

I thought I had broken my controller! I will literally be pulled across the map with recent button presses held (trigger, holding Moira’s orbs up waiting to choose, etc) and I have to fight it and hope I’m not just sabotaging my team.

I’m going to try the ps4 version and see if it addresses these issues. Not ideal, but I’d rather be able to function and not look as pretty.

Exactly the same issue on my PS5, it started around 1 week ago.
Virtually impossible to select a character as the ping skyrockets to about 900ms and I get like 2 fps.
Has absolutely nothing to do with my wired 108ms connection.

Eventually it will sort itself either right before the countdown finishes or during the first team fight.
The rest of the match is absolutely fine in terms of connection with a 20-30ms stable connection.

The game has become unplayable especially as you’re at a disadvantage from the start.

In match footage of the PS5 Performance issues. These were my first 2 matches on and you can see the amount of rubber banding and movement/ability error

https://youtu.be/q-4WlqIrMyI?si=VE6FLVqjgw_GLodu

Definitely post it in Bug Report like I mentioned. Developers aren’t often monitoring the troubleshooting area for bugs.

My ping shot up to 1000 yesterday and I got kicked from a comp match. I had extreme difficulty just selecting a character. My friend is also on PS5 but doesn’t have this issue as severely as I do. He is central time and I am on the east coast. What is happening?? This has been going on for almost a month and is getting worse. I am having input lag and frame drops. I don’t have this issue in fortnite.

1 Like

Is this back? It seemed resolved by end of Season 11 and now I’m getting huge spikes today :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes, I’m having the same issue, everytime I load up a comp game I get lag spikes, I’ve contacted my WiFi company techs to come look at my internet. Said it was fine it has to be Overwatc.

3 Likes

Okay I’ve played this game since 2017 (nearly 2200 hours) and have never had this issue of major lag since I have an Ethernet connection to my ps5. Now the game isn’t playable and I get a slideshow for the first min of a game and get kicked a lot. Funny how this seems to just randomly pop up for ps5 users soon after Microsoft took over Activision/Blizzard maybe it’s time to pull an anti-trust civil suit against Microsoft since they want to push micro transactions but refuse to actually make a playable game!

2 Likes

Seems weird that we’re all being penalised just because we’re on PS5. I’ve been an avid player of this game since 2017 but only since last season has this become an issue. Hope it’s fixed soon because at this point it’s unplayable

3 Likes

It’s unplayable and the overwatch community as a whole has been shrinking at least of regular players since there’s a severe lack of content. Then to those who want to play on another console have been dealing with this for a while and they don’t even bring it up to that it’s being worked on. I’d like to see the terms of the official agreement with the EU courts that held the merger for a while since this seems a little too well timed.

1 Like

Just recently started to get this after that last patch.

Same. Things were fine up until the August 20 patch. But now the hero select screen spikes to 600+ ping. And that carries over into the matches themselves and it is unplayable. The lag booted me out of a competitive match last week and I got hit with the leaver penalty because of it. I want to get back into the game, but I have to take a hiatus until this is resolved.