Extreme lag on PS5

I’m afraid I’m gonna HAVE to stop playing overwatch until the lag on PS5 is patched. It’s so insanely bad that I can’t even get past the hero select select screen, and frequently get punished for inactivity. I’m worried gonna have to stop playing due to the fact I might get severely punished because of an issue with the game. I know for a fact this isn’t just me or my internet, as this only occurs within first minute or so into the match, however, if it lasts long enough, I can’t even choose a hero.

8 Likes

I’m genuinely having the exact same issue, I cannot even play a single game because leaving the spawn room is impossible and I just get inactivity kicked :confused:

2 Likes

Yes huge fps drops lol

1 Like

The team is aware, follow Bug Report for issues of this type:

Having the same problem here. It started a day or two ago and I’ve been kicked from 3 comp matches. It’s so bad I’m only playing unranked so I don’t get punished. I’ve come to decision and I’m no longer going to play overwatch 2 until they fix the lag in the spawn room and the start of games

2 Likes

Same here. Being punished whether it’s comp or qp for being kicked due to inactivity because of the lag. 1000 latency is so ridiculous.

1 Like

Thought I was the only one. The lag had been horrid

1 Like

For almost a month the random lag been so atrocious I thought my controller was broken. I can be moving with team and then I’m being pulled away like a ghost took control of my controller and moves me some other direction. The frame drops have my screen breakdancing with blocks of colors before it finally loads up normally but I’m barely able to see where I’m going or even lucky to move properly. Then yesterday it lagged so bad that I was moving with my tank, game fake crashes and puts me back in the same game, showing me the load up screen and then boom I’m standing by a wall getting beat on by a Bridgette or genji. I have AT&T fiber 1Tb internet and only me and my bf, not wired but I never lagged this hard that I need one.

1 Like

Im also having lag on ps5 it’s been like this for weeks and not been fixed. My ow2 keeps lagging and ms and latency keeps spiking high. It’s not my wifi I’m sure.

1 Like

Can we have an update that provides some kind of useful information? There has been no acknowledgment of the PS5 lag issue from Blizzard…seems they are more concerned with pumping the game with micro transaction options instead of fixing their game.

4 Likes

Again, no specific answer for the PS5 lag issue.

1 Like

This is still an issue for me and it’s upsetting honestly. Feels like Playstation fixes are always at the bottom of the list.

1 Like

on PS5 also has been happening to me… it is nearly august and this still isnt fixed? happens at start of every match in spawn room and also at the end, and sometimes when an ULT happens… framerate spikes i guess and everything has this weird laggy movement on screen whether its slow or fast its a mess. i have 120mbps internet, this has been happening for a long time

I deleted the game. Unplayable.

Has anyone tried to install the PS4 version on the PS5? This helped in the past when there were PS5 specific bugs. Will try this tonight myself and report if this is a suitable temporary fix.

1 Like

Same here. Whenever a game starts I’m down to 2fps (not kidding) and it takes about 1 min to get back to normal - Manny times I lose the first fight because of that, and it seems like it’s getting worse from time to time - I don’t want it to get to the point where I just get bans. Any updates? (ps5 version, and not willing to switch to ps4 as it doesn’t have 120fps support)

2 Likes

Having the same issue. It usually starts at the hero selection screen and in the spawn room. Extreme lag that I barely can select hero. The rest of the game is fine except for weird FPS drop every once in a while.

1 Like

I switched to the ps4 version and have had no issues

Same for me. Extreme slow. I cant choose a hero

I reinstalled the game it looks kind of fixed