Explain the 'Sigma balls' joke to me

Please. Can someone explain this? It’s beyond me :man_shrugging:

About

Ligma is a fictional disease associated with a death hoax orchestrated by Instagram user ninja_hater that claimed Fortnite streamer Ninja had passed away after contracting the disease. The intention of this joke was to prompt concerned fans to ask what Ligma is, to which participants in the hoax would respond with “ligma balls” (“lick my balls”), a joke setup similar to Deez Nuts and Updog. The hoax also spawned in-jokes about the fictional nationality Sugondese (“suck on these”), the Indonesian city Grabahan (“grab a hand”) and the fictional diseases Sugma (“suck my”) and Bofa (“both of”)

Spread

On June 6th, the @realDonaldTrunp[18] parody account tweeted a picture of President Donald Trump dabbing along with a mock conversation of Trump using the ligma joke on a journalist (shown below).

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrunp Me: I'm reinstating LIGMA Journalist: What's LIGMA? Me: Ligma fcking balls Imao EWHITE HOUSE text

On July 13th, YouTuber Cowbelly uploaded a video titled “why I asked everyone to unsubscribe before 1 million,” which opens with a ligma joke (shown below). Within two weeks the video accumulated upwards of 333,600 views and 4,900 comments.

Edit:
No, I am not proud about this post.

11 Likes

Because the joke is one person casually throws in the word “sugma” or “ligma” into a sentence and then the other person says, “What’s that?” Then the person playing the joke says “(enter one of the above) balls.” Sigma is a cross between them.

nope! does not work Sigmas projectiles are Dodecahedrons

3 Likes

It’s a combination of the Sugma and Ligma joke which goes either Ligmaballs or Sugmaballs.

Ookay this kinda explains but it’s ‘sigma’ and not ‘sugma’ :sweat_smile: Ligma = lick my, get it, sugma = suck my, get it but sigma? :sweat_smile: So it’s just basically a very weak joke?

1 Like

I prefered this meme when it took more skill and had a dad joke pay off.

Updog

Dodecahedrons that encase spheres, or balls.

Checkmate.

1 Like

Torbjorn: “You should try my meatballs”
Sigma: “No, you should try mine”

4 Likes

It’s basically a mix out of both.
Ligma + Sugma = “Sigma”

1 Like

What’s updog?

You know, not much, just kinda getting burnt out on this game again but i dont know what to play until Cyberpunk comes out.

A very very weak joke.

Usually a sign that the person isn’t going to be any use on comms in a game, and is likely to be pretty salty.

They are usually muted before the game is over.

Man what happened to you

Dodecahedrons are just low poly balls

Played with too many drunk Australians :wink:

Heard the jokes 1000 times from people who thought they were funny.

Had 2 kids, got to my late 40s.

Any / All of the above?

So git off my laaaawn!!! I’m the grumy old man of the forums.

1 Like

as someone dangerously close to 40 i approve of this grumpiness and can only grump in solidarity.

Indeed Young punks get of our lawns!

2 Likes

I love stupid humor, so I can’t help but smile everytime I read the Sigma balls thing.

Though I think he’s holding roleplay dices in his hand. The ones that have a ball inside for balance reasons.

1 Like