Experimental Card was taken down but none of the changes didn't hit live servers

I think the problem with Genji is that he’s got an overpowered ult, and a toxic synergy with Ana because of it.

I actually would like to see Genji get buffed but have Dragonblade nerfed significantly, so he’s not a blade bot.

1 Like

It does seem odd. They haven’t said why so it could be they took it down for adjustments or something.

1 Like

Well, I will admit, they probably should raise his Ult charge requirement after this change by like 10-15%.

I would honestly rather the ult be a lot worse, so he can be actually effective the rest of the time. Genji feels kind of crap as a flanker. I thought I hated flanking but then I learned a few flankers in Paladins and Echo here. Genji really is badly designed.

Maeve is basically Genji but feels 10x better.

It is subjective. The fact that he is possibly the most popular dps shows that he is very well designed. Obviously not everyone sees him that way but those who think he’s poorly designed are definitely a minority.

I’m not top tier and never will be affected by how strong Genji is there, but I doubt him being top tier could be bad for the game.

How though?

I’m fine with improving him for OWL, hence the thread I made a while ago:

But genjis kit is honestly really poorly designed. He has SO much mobility, and an ultimate where the correct callout is “die faster so we can reset”.

Amount of complaints from the usual perpetual victims on the forum, you mean.

The reaction to Genji’s changes have been positive elsewhere.

I dunno, I read a lot of reddit, and I haven’t seen much positive feedback from them.

Even my friends in game do not like it, (I guess that is an anecdote though)

1 Like

What a relief! :+1: :blush:

1 Like

We spent 2 years with grnji blades dominating every game. Lets not go back to that again. I hope this exp card to never go live. The echo nerf was ok though.

1 Like

Reddit is a mixed bag. Twitter and YouTube have been mostly positive, even if wary.

No, we didn’t lmao. And Genji’s blade wasn’t buffed.

What makes twitter and youtube more important than the forums and reddit though?

I have not seen much of twitter because I do not watch many videos or have a twitter account.

I’ve seen very little positive feedback about the genji changes outside of genji players.

More people? Reddit is comparable, but the forums are not even close. Like, people here keep wondering why their terrible hot takes with 50 likes often get ignored. It’s because this forum is usually not representative of the community’s opinion, as ironic as that may seem.

Plenty of non-Genji players who thought he should get them.

and when half your team gets wiped by grav dragons? you don’t die faster to reset?

or half your team gets shattered and dies?

or high noon kills 2?

or tire kills 3?

or any other dps ultimate in the game gets people killed?

genji isn’t an outlier and the fact that he has to put himself in melee range to kill makes it all the more easy to just shoot him.

anyway them just shutting down an exp. card after 3 days is a first. At least 1 or 2 of the changes should have made it through. When i say that we obviously shouldn’t have gotten the experimental card to live today but still.

Don’t they update the live game on Tuesdays?

Tues or Thurs yes. but whats got me wondering is why the exp card was shut down out of the blue.

Idk…maybe it takes some time to look over the data from the card?