Experimental card for Bastion?

CC is only being toned down not removed.

Mccree needs his cc nerfed anyways. With his new fire rate, he gets 2 free headshots which throws hitscan balance out the window.

1 Like

I’ve thought for a while now that flash should keep its stun length, but the area of affect should be reduced significantly. Have you seen how it looks like a mini nuke when you slow it down and watch it in third person?

1 Like

I have a feeling Jeff meant CC reductions in the same sense of how Steadfast works… not reducing the effectiveness of the CC on certain heroes, but giving certain heroes reduction of the effectiveness of CC against themselves.

“Across multiple heroes”

Seems to confirm a very early on prediction of mine…

I believe, and this is just a theory, Tanks are all going to be CC sponges that can walk it off like nothing.

4 Likes

This is really good news and will greatly benefit the player experience. Thank you!

But this is my point. If you nerf mccree dtun maybe he will not be a decent anti flanker xd.

Then maybe heros like mccree can hahe a good cc only if he is worse on other things. Anyway i will.be happy.with less cc.

Im tired of get shattered

yeah radius is really big. there was a workshop code that indicates flashbang radius. i saw that long time ago.

Why is everyone running with the idea that they’re going to be nerfing CC itself?

I really don’t think that’s the case…

For how “free” the FTH or a steady hand landing 2 shots to the head are as followups, it should be a more precise ability.

1 Like

CC reduction so people are assuming they’re reducing CC.

1 Like

Flash bang will still be a good defensive tool, he will still get his free headshot…

It’s duration is just being nerfed not removed. Don’t rely on cc as a crutch for actual mechanics…

2 Likes

Those are incredibly big nerfs for no real reason

5 Likes

Idk… the wording may be vague, but it’s also very intentional sounding.

It could very well mean that they’re giving more heroes ways to combat CC directly, not just reducing CC’s effectiveness on the heroes who have it.

1 Like

Interesting point, I didn’t think about it until you brought it up. It would be nice to have the tanks be a little more resilient because if you’re talking straight up damage, they can still be deleted in a matter of a few seconds EASILY.

1 Like

That would really help me get into tanking again.

1 Like

I really really don’t think they’re just “Targeting CC and reducing it’s effectiveness”

I think they’re targeting select heroes, “Across multiple heroes” And making them take reduced CC.

ChibiFox, you are usually pretty sharp, but right now you are not parsing simple English :man_facepalming:

I see no reason why the line:

Doesn’t mean that they aren’t seeking to make certain heroes more resilient against CC?

If you were just reducing the effectiveness of CC in general, you would word it differently.

Such as…

“The next experimental card changes are targeted at reducing the effectiveness of CC in general”

In what way do you think this?
Where does it state this?

No, the “across multiple heroes” is referring to heroes with CC abilities.

I see no evidence of this particular concept.

1 Like

So you’re saying Brig might lose her bash and finally get some much needed survivability buffs?? :smiley:

2 Likes