Experimental card for Bastion?

How about simply adding diminishing returns, a way for CC to be less and less effective the more you throw at an enemy. It would make long stun-chains, something that made Mei imbalanced before, less effective if all piled onto one person. Or hacking the same person in a short amount of time would reduce the time of the hacks following the previous one.

3 Likes

It may not have been the response we wanted Chibi, but it’s at least a response.

2 Likes

How about a fix for Mercy eh?

3 Likes

Church bells may not be the word of god, but they sure do bring in the masses.

1 Like

A miracle has happened on this day!

3 Likes

Yeah, classic balansed from bronze. give 6 sec cd for destroy critical part of its mobility and combinations (with maps)

Honestly. Really good stuff coming from the dev team recently. I’m excited to see the plans y’all have for this game.

As long as these targeted CC-heroes also including Doomfist, I would be excited for it!!! No way a hero with 1 CC get nerfed while Doom get to keep all 3 of his.

Oh by Jove praised be the lord.

4 Likes

Rein nerf Rein nerf.

1 Like

Slam has been so overnerfed it doesn’t even have any cc anymore lol and uppercut has a 0.6 sec strife disability in the air which you don’t even notice because it also got heavily nerfed back then. Punch stun is also 0.5 sec which is the stun with the literally lowest duration ingame and is needed to make the hero actually work.

do people actually inform themselves about Doom before calling out for nerfs which would absolutely destroy him?

2 Likes

I’m not a Bastion expert, but I have seen a certain Reddit idea floated around several times. Even Kolorblind seemed to like it. I think Hitscan did a video about it back when they were still Overwatch Central.

Do you and the dev team have any thoughts about this post?

2 Likes

Is this a dream,is OW finally going away form being a CC hell.

1 Like

it barely has any connection with CC but since you commented on bastion… do you have any plans for Moira?

1 Like

I saw an interesting idea, that Moira Damage Orb wouldn’t kill, and would only drop a target down to 1hp remaining.

Or just narrowing the beam width on her primary more.
Ideally harder to aim the further the distance away.

always a good thing.

I think your team is on the right track again.

You need to weaken some of the defensive options in the game. Defense should always compliment offense, never overshadow it.

I find it interesting because I am seeing a lot of parallels between the design changes in Overwatch’s lifespan and Smash Brothers lifespan.

When Smash bros brawl came out, the competitive play was dominated by defensive plays as shield was the best option. Combo’s didn’t exist either as you could cancel all of the hitstun in brawl. To me, the parallel to Overwatch in this case would be the GOATS era. Defensive options reigned supreme during this phase of OW’s life.

In Smash wii u, they made offense better, but the shield option was still the best option in the game. So Defense still thwarted offense even though the game had more combos.

In this weird little Analogy, I’d say Overwatch is pretty much at this state. I am glad you are nerfing cc (A strong defensive option), because this is what happened next in smash’s lifespan:

Smash ultimate was their masterpiece. The game favored offense and offered a rich variety of combo’s. The offense was so good that the melee tryhards (Melee was pure offense with sprinkles of defense) returned to smash ultimate and invested into the competitive scene. In ultimate they reworked the shield option so it is more balanced and is countered by offense easier.

I know Smash is a fighter game, but it shows an evolution of design thinking. For a competitive game, offense needs to be better than pure defense. Defense should be weaved in a game to complement offense, not oppress it. Hopefully when OW2 comes out, it will be just like Smash Ultimate and the game will enter another golden era :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Global nerfs to CC? Count us in Jeff, keep up the great work from the team this year very exciting stuff.

2 Likes

I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am to hear that CC is getting looked at. For one thing, could stuns go back to merely locking out control of your hero instead of literally stopping time for you and holding you in place with magic? I’d like for McCree to have a flashbang and not a time-stop grenade, thanks.

Also when you released Sigma you said his Accretion would not stun up close. It stuns up close, making it stronger closer instead of far because the hit is more likely and the follow-up is easier.

edit: also I’d love it if Uppercut, Gravitic Flux and Halt lost their paralysis portion entirely. Controlling where the enemy went is strong enough, can it please not also disable control of your hero for minimum aim requirement on their part?

2 Likes

I think that some heros needs a strong cc. like mccree becsuse he is a anti flanker. But he cant be a anti flanker with massive burst and consistent dmg also on mid range