Experimental card for Bastion?

Ana is an Untouchable on Overwatch. If she gets anything, she will get a slap on the wrist.

1 Like

I am for this idea, but could you not touch hack? Hack is alright as it is being 5 second duration, and on top of that its a silence less than a CC. I just hope it wont mean a Sombra nerf…on the other hand the Symm side of me is happy as it means my squishy butt won’t get stunned and focused down within seconds.

God jeff give bastion his shield back, we are ready for it!

Pls Jeff, rework Bastion to an Offtank. Its an urgent request of the comunity! We need more tanks. Bastion has big hitbox, and his playstile is useless and frustrating nowdays after the big barrier nerf. Why don’t make big changes? Increasing his mobility. Decreasing his damage. Increasing his health and maybe giving his OW beta personal shild back would make him a great off-tank. And we do need more tanks fast! If you are going to change him in some point, dont make him more reliable as DPS, its not gonna work. His big hitbox nowdays fits more on a Tank. And we need more tanks, and less dps. you saw how frustrating it was for everyone to know that Echo was dps, even though she was an amazing character. We need more tanks, and more supports!
Even here on the replies there are great ideas to how to make this. Pls read MagyTheMage’s ideas: Experimental card for Bastion? - #15 by MagyTheMage-1534

Sad to hear Bastion wont get changes, but I think the reduction of CC is kind of a buff to a hero like Bastion. ^^

And balancing Bastion takes a lot. He is a very unique hero, similar to Symmetra or Roadhog, who arent easily balanced with some numbers but rather could become over- or underpowered even with slight changes. Similar to how 35% Ironclad ruined the Meta or Pharah’s Splash Nerf made her awful (glad this was reverted ^^)

I’ve made this for us all

I actually don’t believe it, they’re… they’re saving Overwatch.

If Bastion is forced out of transformations. IE: Hook/Hack. The transformations are skipped. He goes right back into his Sentry mode. The stuns are unaffected. He just gets faster response time.

Hello Doomfist mains… feel the fear???

You know how much I would give, if Zarya’s bubble would act like a wall and make Doomfists take damage hitting one. Instead of him bouncing my character around.

1 Like

You guys should try making turret mode an ability with a cooldown and limited duration. Then you can buff his turret and recon mode without him becoming OP.

I swear if you touch Ana’s sleep, I quit…

Two edged sword. CC is the best way to deal with doom

He needs to be more of a threat and a little less vulnerable while unsupported.

Overall, you need to sit down as a team and decide whether you are abandoning your original vision of the game or not. A lot of the balance difficulty you’re having comes from the initial vision of hard counters and active swapping, team play, and adaption giving way to a kind of default MOBA-style approach. But the MOBA approach doesn’t appear to be a vision, just something you’ve defaulted into, and it’s hurting the game.

Do people truly want every hero to be viable? I miss the days of niche heroes. Every hero wasn’t designed to be picked in every situation and now everything is getting reworked

1 Like

It’s because of the fact that they have insane bulk, mobility, burst damage, or all of the above that chain stuns have to be good. Otherwise, there’s no stopping them from doing whatever they want if CC doesn’t have enough impact. Just one successful stun on somebody like Tracer is enough to get her killed if she makes a mistake; why must a character like Wrecking Ball or Doomfist require chain stuns just to kill them?

Our 20k thread: no response

My 1 paragraph desperate attempt: Instant response

Kind of funny to think about…

2 Likes

I find it kind of sad tbh…

3 Likes

I don’t know if this will get your attention, but I do have some Bastion ideas I’ve had for a long period of time. I’ve made post after post and comment after comment getting people’s opinions on the changes, but if you are able to get the chance, please, hear me out. I can also spill some ideas for Sym if you want me to! After all, we all want to make changes for the better, right? (posts for Sym and Bastion will be on the bottom of this post, Bastion in double parenthesis and Sym in parenthesis)

(Idk if I ever did recently spill some Sym changes, but I can spill some thoughts that I’ve thought up of over the last, like, 2 months of time. Some of the thoughts are my ideas. Some thoughts were influenced. But one thing to point out: I won’t make her a support. Reasoning is because 1, I don’t remember her 1.0 very well, and I see her 2.0 as more of a dps build over support build, and 2, it’s honestly less work needed to keep her as a dps over transforming her back into support.

First, I’ll stop the beam from ramping, have the beam be the 2nd ramp (so no tiny beam in 1st stage or big, giant beam in 3rd stage), but have the dmg be 140 per sec. Then, I’ll add some hp to her, but nobody here, hilariously, said what type of hp should she get: shield or normal hp. Your preference on that, but I’ll add 50 shield for now until you guys spill what you’d like more. Finally, faster orb, from 30 meters per sec to 60, and reduce dmg of orb (right click btw) at max charge from 140 to 120.

I hope this will keep her niche state, but buff her correctly at the same time. Maybe this will ring any good ideas somebody might have. Because honestly, I believe that Sym is clearly not in the best spot myself, but I would like her to get some play. I would want to play her myself, but I will never play her if she is broken or in this position. I don’t even ask for a full-blown rework, the changes I’ve made is the size of the change that D.va got, the one that gave her the missiles.

No, we don’t need to ask for another rework for Sym, especially since I remember a long time ago, the devs said they won’t do anymore big reworks. (this was probably after the Torbjorn rework, which was over a year ago, take with a grain of salt, since my memory’s poor) Yes, I’m willing to make the game better for everybody, including the players that could possibly be forgotten, like the Sym players, of course. (not to be offensive) No, I’m not a dev. Just a gamer with a highly creative mind and a kind soul.

Thanks for your time,
The D.va, Brigitte, Tracer, Mercy, Widowmaker and Sigma main at your service,
Marcane)

((I thought, what if we kept the machine gun, but have it last a certain period of time before getting off the machine gun? So I COMPLETELY change the ability for machine gun here, by having it transform into the machine gun in 0.5 secs, have it keep shooting for 3 secs (since for 1 second while shooting, you deal about 500 dmg in the machine gun, which in total is around 1,500 dmg in 3 secs) then you take another 0.5 secs to transform back into your normal self. This ability gets an 8 sec cd (to keep his role to burst down shields).

Now, I thought his heal should have more freedom, so I would simply make him shoot with his basic attack while he heals at the same time. But this won’t work in machine gun. Which follows up to the next thing to talk about, his basic attack. It’s the same as soldier’s basic, but because bastion is a bigger target, he should be given a little bit more dmg I think. So I gave bastion 30 dmg per bullet shot on his basic.

From here, the final thing to do, is give bastion a new ability, name it Adrenaline, (pay no attention to the name since that’s not the point of the move) which is basically a speed buff, 10% increase of speed, that last 5 seconds. This ability is also on an 8 sec cd, but to remind you quick before you think 3 sec wait until more speed, the cd starts once the buff has ended (same for the machine gun btw).))

The D.va, Tracer, Brigitte, Mercy, Sigma and Widowmaker main at your service,
Marcane

((( p.s. I don’t know if you’d even do the Bastion changes, but do please take it into consideration )))

They don’t have to be good. You just want their to be an answer to every target that isn’t “be a good shot” or “be aware of the mobile enemy engagements.” You can literally just boop them away.

The fact that Tracer is so trivially deleted is a big reason there’s little value in having her as opposed to a hero that does even more damage for significantly less risk. Like the stun heroes. Because stuns are so much better than everything else.