Experiment time?

It doesn’t feel like QPC to me because there’s no danger of solo healing. I don’t mind solo tanking - QP feels like that already really, so I might be numb to it - but solo healing is gross.

And these tank changes kinda suck. I can tell that the most thought out ones are for the bruisers, those have probably been in the works for a bit. I assume meaningful experimental changes to a hero will take as long as a rework.

Its only 4 pm over here.

I usually get two supports, just pick tank fast to encourage them.

Some people like auto-asphyxiation but we don’t encourage it.

2 Likes

And pretty miserable.

Which is BS in of itself.

And as for Bastion, they’ve had years to think about this.

I’ll be damned if they can’t give the effort enough to type some words in a forum box for two minutes.

Solo tanking is just miserable. But I do like the changes to Zarya which I believe could actually go live in 2-2-2. But other than that, I can’t say I’m a fan of 1-3-2 whatsoever.

1 Like

i mean, when do you think he got to work?

just
NO

1 Like

Whenever he felt like it.

(Most likely between 7 - 9am)

Again - it’s probably less about the effort, and more about the team can’t decide where he is at definitively and are maybe split down the middle, so even though he wants to tell you, he doesn’t want to get peoples hopes up or he just plain isn’t allowed to talk about changes until they are in a certain stage of production.

The problem is more than likely that they can’t agree on his direction and they have no news ready for ya :c

2 Likes

Would like to make my voice heard, as a main tank player. Just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE the changes and hope they actually do see the light of day. Saddens me to see that they likely will not. But I understand that it isn’t worth making a move, even if it fixes possibly the game’s biggest problem, if the playerbase generally hates it. Back to the drawing board, I guess :(.

6 Likes

No, the Sigma buffs for the experiment are BS.

I doubt they took his balance seriously until he became meta but no one played him.

You have to speak responsibly as a dev on these forums. I’m sure he just didn’t want to invite every Sym main on the forums to ask when Sym 2.0 is going to be in the arcade.

1 Like

We’re working on getting patch notes into the game client. This will include experimental changes. It’s a staged roll out so our first version is not our long term goal. More on that later.

30 Likes

Perhaps taking the time to ask the community would help them make those decisions.

Again, two minutes and a chat box would make up for two years of silence.
And that’s not forgivable.

Oh how this is surprising, hello again jeff. We love to see and hear and you.
When that does happen, that is.

1 Like

By now you must realize that there is a vocal segment of this community that will sh!t all over anything new without ever giving it a chance – it’s a great way of getting attention and creating the impression of being a discerning gamer. Please don’t write this experiment off so easily.

4 Likes

This is a little bit different from even trying at all.
I will fully and completely admit that i’m aggressive about this game and it’s changes, but it’s not because i’m angry, or annoyed… i’m sad.

I want to enjoy this game again, and Jeff isn’t helping.

1 Like

we used to have this! what we learned:

–people like winning
–people do not like losing

114 Likes

Wow that’s sarcastic… i understand the meaning, but holy…
I’m usually the sarcastic one.

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here