[ExpC]: How the Tanks’ dmg decrease should have been done…

Instead of the global -50% dmg, it should have been something like:

• Rein:
    • Hammer swing goes from 85 → 75 dmg,
      As it used to be before Oct/2020.
  • Hog:
    • Dmg per pellet from 6.6 → 5 dmg (125 dmg per shot);
    • Ammo from 5 → 6;
    • Hook CD from 8 → 6 sec,
      As it was on that 1-3-2 experimental (Feb/2020).
  • Zarya:
    • primary fire from 170 → 140 full charged dmg;
    • secondary fire from 95 → 80 full charged dmg,
      As it was on that 1-3-2 experimental (Feb/2020).

I’d even add a bonus for Orisa:

• Orisa:
    • Fortify melee dmg now increased from 30 → 50 dmg with a 4 meters minor boop.

Sigma, D.Va, Winston and Ball could have kept their current live dmg values, maybe some minor decreased dmg on their boop or CC abilities and that’s all (and maybe Rein’s dmg pins against walls if necessary).

• (Sigma should have got a 0.2 CD on the barrier to make the click-timing better).

This could have felt better than the global change I guess.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Exactly, this. Cutting the damage by 50% flat was honestly really stupid. It impacts some tanks way worse than it does others and makes them feel worthless.

6 Likes

Given the other buffs they got, I think tanks can get by with even lower numbers than the ones you propose, but I agree with the sentiment that it should have been adjusted on a hero-by-hero basis.

Well, while raising their HP or their armor directly raises their durability, lowering their damage indirectly raises it too, so there’s an additive effect to take into account. Tank vs Tank duels can last for too long when you do both changes like in the current ExpC, one tank trying to kill the other takes forever.

Orisa primary fire got buffed by 1 awhile ago that could be reverted also I wouldn’t be opposed to rein charge not oneshoting especially if we get something else in exchange
Power steering anyone?

1 Like

If I were to push the concept of lower damage for tanks, I would take into consideration the damage boosts and the break points where the minimums could make more sense vs certain opponents. So, right now for Reinhardt in the EXC takes 4 swings to kill a tracer whereas on live it takes only 2 swings. This isn’t considering heal rates either. So, I would want to do roughly 2 swings on Tracer, as long as I had some normal damage boosts or enemy debuffs to remain competitive with a team mate. If we take the lowest modifier from the EXC which is Zenyatta’s change at 20% and stick with it, I would suggest the lowest swing damage to be roughly around 65. Meaning Reinhardt’s 2 swings deal 130 but 156 with a discord on an enemy, allowing him to again two hit a Tracer. This is one example of what I would consider if I were adamant on keeping the higher health and lower damage.

2 Likes

I really like this idea.