ExC Patch Notes

Man, they really did the proper nerf to mccree. Literally the one that most of the mccree players vouched for. Combat roll and reload speed.

I’d have thrown maybe fb range to 2.5 just to gather more data, but they can test that in some other ExC after the results of this one, just so there’s no interference.

2 Likes

atleast they didnt include any compensation buffs

Or did they :wink: (20 chars to mars)

So like 90% of your balance threads?

1 Like

a bap, and mcree nerf is good even if it’s arguably not the changes they needed to be not the best hero’s of their respective roles.

The reaper buff is questionable since the reaper buff from his shotgun change made it easier to hit targets from a range.

I guess the zarya nerf was needed, I would have preferred the dva mech change to be reverted since it’s not what she needed.

To be fair there definitely were complaints about both his roll and reload.

Is this what they call “shaking the meta”…?

One month waiting and they come up with this joke of an experimental? I already miss Jeff.

What an absolute waste of time. These changes are so frickin’ dull.

BORING

I tend to give a lot more justification than “Because anything I say is good game design, and you just don’t understand good game design”.

It would be insulting if I sunk that low.

There were some complaints about reload on roll. Pro’s were complaining about how 300 damage on a rightclick and the ridiculous hitbox of a near 1 second stun aren’t fair.

Because you dismiss the stats and head cannon the entire state of the game. The real balancing act being performed is for perception. He legit doesn’t need a nerf in the context of hero balancing, these buffs did little to nothing for him and so they’ll only make him perform slightly worse than he is right now, still in the bottom 40-20% of the hero roster across all ranks like he always is.

But if he’s played less people will mald about him less. That’s how it’s always worked.

:sleeping:

Good changes

Zarya’s is a “sure, why not” though. Bit strange

No there were definitely complaints about the distance as well. I specifically remember because like much of the McCree complaints hyperbole was used. There have been several posts about how he can “roll across the entire map”.

Of every part of his kit being buffed at some point (even deadeye) it was best to revert some of that.

Would’ve like his fth damaged lowered a bit but that maybe a later nerf if needed. At least the nerf to roll means he has to position a little more carefully.

1 Like

Link more than three posts of someone suggesting a nerf to roll distance .

Im fine with the nerfs. I’m just saying the do actually directly address some of the complaints lobbed against McCree. They also address to some degree some of the more prominent complaints about him. Time will tell by how much.

I’m just glad they don’t intend on completely gutting him like many of the community want.

1 Like

Yet you fail to think in the long term effects or how these changes would break these characters.

Fth is an alternate fire anyway, so you can’t even put a cooldown on that unless you change it to any ability which they’ll never do in 6v6.

1 Like

You can feel free to browse by yourself. I don’t care if you believe me or not. I’m just saying, roll distance was complained about. People complained about every single part of his kit.

I think people would’ve been more excepting if these came soon. Hell they nerfed Echo before McCree and that rubbed people the wrong way.

1 Like

I have been browsing. Most of the complaints I’ve been seeing are about flash.

They typically make the topic title the focus.

You normally see people suggesting other things in the replies. I think I said at some point to nerf Combat Roll.