Example of Toxic Smurfs - "Bronze2GM"

To clarify, i think he meant from third party sources, such as websites like PlayerAuctions

2 Likes

Buying an account from another person is against TOS. Buying another copy of the game on another account you made is not. They’re two very different things.

Selling and buying accounts not from the blizzard source is against TOS, as is intentional SR manipulation like these bronze to gm streams that have gotten people like Stevo suspended before. But I doubt blizz gives a dmn at this point.

2 Likes

except nothing of these is smurfing, it’s just people being toxic.

and spawn camping isn’t even that.

Uh, did you ignore context or something? They’re talking about buying an account from another person, which means no direct money to Blizzard from the person buying the account, or even if it is given for free, it is against the ToS.

I do the /log thing as a meme in qp.
No one ever falls for it
Is it against the tos?

So many babies in this thread. :rofl: Just get good LMFAO and stop complaining about smurfs. :rofl:

1 Like

I just saw you complaining about widow being op in a post from like an hour ago. So you’re a hypocrite and probably the worst kind of toxic. You deserve a ban too

True, but it’s an exploitation of the player’s skill. Don’t be a smarta**. You know exactly what’s going on. It was two GM smurfs spawncamping entire teams.

To “manipulate” your placements, means you’d have to throw games to underperform, and by a LOT. Underperforming by a little or even moderate amount would still get a GM player like Diamond.

What’s even more said is that’s partially how they get their fame, and they do it so ungraciously, not to mention they have to duo playing their DPS mains, which are by far the easiest way to carry. If it was a single GM player playing support, as a support role (not DPS support), then that would be even more impressive, yet still toxic.

Yes. That’s the point. But surely even with the Twitch video evidence and the obvious affiliation to both player’s main accounts, no action will ever be taken. And IF any action is taken, it’ll be a slap on the wrist that won’t deter them from ever doing it again.

Okay to your whole thing. Go ahead and defend an obvious issue with this game and those players. I guess there’s nothing wrong in the video.

You have to play your initial leveling 25 QP games really badly.

Smurfing isn’t against any TOS. I know that. But smurfing can include but isn’t limited to, someone throwing games or playing games way out of elo. A real smurf would be like a Master Ana one-trick playing McCree on a new account, and getting placed Plat. Really just an alt account. “Smurf” has really had it’s definition warped and loosened, much like c9.

Probably but I think that’s funny, unless you’re actively interrupting a game like making a winning player leave mid match. If you do it at the start, it’s funny.

Look at your name. Look at your icon. Hallmarks of a thrower. Or at least some kid who think’s he’s clever, funny, and original. But you’re GM so you wouldn’t understand the peasantry tier problems.

1 Like

Can you find that thread? I never remember saying widow is OP. :rofl:

How am I a thrower, :rofl: my main winrates are all like above 60% or something. :rofl: Also no I TOTALLY don’t understand your peasantry tier problems, that’s why I never got out of that rank. :rofl:

I never said you were a thrower. I said hallmarks of a thrower. Your main winrates yeah, but what people do is throw on heroes they don’t care about or good throw heroes like tanks and supports, then play DPS from Bronze to GM so they have an astronomical winrate. I’m not stupid and i know how it works. Even if you aren’t a thrower, and really in this context, deranker is more appropriate, that’s what derankers do.

1 Like

Well in that case the GM isn’t really smart.
You know you can miss shots, tilt your team, basically make poor decisions.
You might not know what they evaluate, but you can still lose matches. Of course you will win some, in those matches you’d need to feed in order to lose. But even without feeding you can still miss shots and guess where a widow lands that doesn’t even nail bodyshots?
The rank system isn’t some mystic fortune teller, you can manipulate it if your goal is Bronze.

How many actual times in silver would you face a GM player. Just curious because in season 13 I have played around 700 matches all ranging from high plat to high diamond(mostly low diamond tho) and I can only recall 2 to 3 times in which I knew someone was so good they had to be in GM(Samito road to GM), not only that but he was on my team the next game and we still lost.

Yeah I definitely did bronze to GM with like a 70% winrate lmao. :rofl:

Lol you just admitted it. “How am I a thrower?” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not every game is 100% carryable. I’ve experienced it in waves. Hundreds of hours with no interruptions, but hundreds of hours with smurfs, throwers, derankers, or whatever from every 5 or so matches to every other match. Some people’s experience just varies. But yeah, of course there are people who go “wah wah I lost every game ever because of throwers or stupid teammates”.

I actually found this video from a friend who is featured in it. I won’t say who but he’s plat and said he knew they were smurfs but not GM DPS mains. He found the video because his friend linked it to him and he shared it with me.

You’re right. But the placement system from what I’ve seen, still places people anywhere from Silverish to Diamond, and there’ some sort of reason. I’ve know brand new players who were actually low bronze, get placed in high silver. I think the placement system is optimistic.

For a good player it takes so much work to get down to bronze it’s not worth it

I dunno. We see evidence here of 1-2 people, in only 1 play session, basically ruining or making artificially unfair the games of about 200 people (30+ games/6 people on each opposing team). He also artificially boosted the performance of a similar/slightly fewer amount of people on his team(s).

This dude is not the only smurf. That’s a lot of games and people’s experiences, even if statistically “manageable” or if the MM eventually moves one of these people up and out and especially if there is another one (more) right behind him, which we can probably safely assume there is.

2 Likes

I believe I’ve read in a previous update, that the placement system tries to place you slightly below your estimated rank (Probably on some patch notes).
As far as I’m aware, It assumes your Skill to be “average” (~2500) if you have not finished previous placement matches and tries to match you in games based on that.
I assume they are using something similar as PBSR but no idea. Its not very accurate as it seems. Reason might be alt and smurf accounts, no clue.

You could call it ruining the game, or you can use the experience of a high level player to your advantage and make your self better at the game. If the only thing that runs through your mind when you play ranked is how this guy is smurfing or this guy is throwing then ranking will be impossible and the only reason to play ranked is to try and get better in a more or less competitive environment

In season 13 I was placed in gold and in season 14 high gold, through 700 grueling matches where their were definitely smurfs, throwers, and an abundance of toxic players I peaked at high diamond and am now sitting their this season.

If you are legit Bronze and facing this guy, with his targeting and traversal skills then yes, I absolutely would call that ruining the game for the Bronze player. That person has little chance to learn anything or grow in this scenario, unless you think Shaq dunking on a 7th grade basketball team is going to impart some good fundamentals. The dude was laughing and toying, stop pretending he was doing anyone a favor.

1 Like