Ew, Another 2/2/2 Discussion

Positioning is different for every hero. Period. Some heroes in different roles are more similar to each other than the rest of their own class in a lot of cases.

Let’s not get this confused. 2-2-2 doesn’t promote one tricks. The developers do. Since that’s the case 2-2-2 allows us to work with the one trick while still maintaining structure for a team game. One tricks currently exist. And currently we have no solution against it. And to say you can’t learn all 3 roles is a blatant lie. All roles are available to all players. Pick a role and learn the role you want to learn. This still remains true and you can learn in a setting that’s more ideal to learn. Not solo healing a team.

1 Like

It will when 2-2-2 goes live.

You think. Just because your DPS is overall worse and will be ranked lower it doesn’t mean your play will be consistent. I’ve been accused of throwing and praised of carrying back to back in two different yet similar (composition-wise) games. At least now you can let others play DPS if you’re whiffing hard.

What if they leave a way that if your separate SR are close in each role you can swap roles with teammates that also have close SR in different roles?

but bcz one can. be good at both dva and ana he can switch role and allow the comp to be more meta

Not really, we’ll just get a lot of players trying to run Moira in dive, Zarya in bunker, Brig… in general. The only ones who are somewhat safe for now are snipers unless they get nerfed hard.

actually i think it would discourage one tricking. Since you are alone with another person in your selected role, there’s a bigger chance you’ll end up wiht another one trick of your same hero.
Therefore this rewards people that can play multiple heroes within their rank.

It will actually be much harder to climb by one tricking.

People will always accuse other players pf throwing instead of admitting that MAYBE they’re part of the problem so i’m not worried about salty people. What i’m saying is that i can’t play dps in diamond because i got there by playing tank and i know that if i play dps in a regular comp game i won’t be as good as i can be if i’d play tank, my dps is maybe gold? Who knows. My point is that if i want to learn dps now i can because i won’t ruin the game for other diamonds player and i won’t ruin my own tank sr

no and there’s no way the average person is that perfect or good to play literally every character at pro rank, but i think it’s better to at least be like “i main off-tanks but i can also play main healers at the same level” than say “i can play every dps and just orisa and lucio” or the other ways around

very good question although i think they should learn the dynamics of team working like most ppl have but what can you do if you aren’t good anyway ?

ye, but roadhogs positioning is different from ana’s and tracers so… you should’ve gave an example but instead of over simplifying it, the 3 category’s position is different from each other. a mercy isn’t gonna play like a soldier or a mei isn’t gonna play like a sombra

the game doesnt support one tricking within the game since “you only have one healer!” “you only have one tank!” by this, they’re encouraging that the basis of all comps should be 222 which isn’t bad! but the idea that i have to pre determine my role before any match, before i meet my teammates is pretty… dumb. maybe i don’t like tanking on this map, i’m bad at it but that’s what i queued oh well— lost game

i never said that ?

it was used as an example because of what i know, a lot of dps pros also play tank and vice versa. even some pro healers play dps and they’re good.

And before someone accuses me of being a one trick, no. I play every single tank and i can also play support, so i always play what the team needs. I’m just better as a tank

1 Like

Just curiosity: Do you guys think there’s a minimal number of DPS/Tank/Support that should be in every composition to work it out?

That’s kinda unavoidable unless you play every tank at a similar level. Maybe you only play tank so you don’t have many options anyway, but at least for me, the difference between my worst tank and my average of any role is ridiculously high.

You said we should learn to flex. And that’s why 2-2-2 isn’t needed since it promotes one tricks. Also weird you’re telling people to learn to flex, but you can’t play main rank on all maps. So now you don’t want 2-2-2 because you can’t flex after telling us learn to flex? I’m lost.

1 Like

3-2-1 should be the limit. But that’s not possible to do without role lock after picks are made. Then it’s a competition of who has better internet. And that’s not fair.

What about comps with 4-2 or 4-1-1?
In a 3-2-1 scenario I would always prefer 2 or 3 supports, but that’s my opinion.

You’re right, but even though I’m aware of similar playstyles between heroes of different roles, I can’t really say for certain right now. I feel it would be way too irresponsible to misdirect anyone if my examples aren’t precise enough.

Some examples I’ve thought (but you should take them with a grain of salt): Lúcio and Genji have similar mechanics. Zen and Hanzo can be somewhat similar by the use of pseudo-wallhacks from the former to charge projectile shots at peeking enemies. Brig has some similarities to all Reinhardt, Roadhog and old-Torbjörn. I could probably think of more and better examples given more time, but that’s all I can think right now

4-2 no just because it eliminates one role from the equation. And 4-1-1 is okay if all agree. But most the time 4-1-1 isn’t agreed upon.

yeah so you almost confused me as well. saying “oh this is my good map” and thinking you relatively play better because it’s a map you like is real. the scenario i gave was just an example of that. i don’t personally find main tank hard on any map ?? so… and again, another example, if i queued for tank without knowing what map… let’s say it’s my “bad map for tank” and i relatively do bad because of it, then that’s another issue within role lock 222. that’s really it

I don’t know what you’re arguing here. There’s a lot of maybes and mights going on. Wishful thinking isn’t an argument.

Basic player behaviour tells you people want to play DPS, they’ll switch if they have to; but if you take away the ability to even if they feel like they have to; they’re not going to.

No one is going to specifically queue up for something they don’t want to do. They might go for it out of curiosity, but that’s just role tourism. They’re not going to commit.

Won’t any more than it does now. You have a bad round 1, then either 2 everyone pulls together or they throw. That’s not going to change.

The playstyles, especially between Tanks and Supports, are so different that skills will lack. Being a good Reinhardt does not make you a good Zarya or D.Va.