Everyone should take a stand and uninstall ow2

Take a moment to read the title; it should be self-explanatory at this point. And for any fellow die-hard fans out there, it’s time to reconsider your allegiance.

4 Likes

And achieve what?

If a game has reached a point where the majority is putting it down, there isn’t really anything that can be done to make them pick it up again.

At that point you’d be inflicting enough damage for the company to just drop the game.

I mean, I completely get making it known that they should do better, but players have always indicated this, so it’s not exactly possible to make everyone happy.

If the state of the game really is bad enough for players to drop it, then they will, there would be no need to convince others to uninstall and stop playing.

2 Likes

Its not enough.

We need to go to the devs doorstep, put flaming dog poop in paper bags. Then, knock on their door and run away.

Yeah whats the goal? I already quit for close to year in protest of pay to win (locking heros behind battlepass which required you to play something like 80 hours or some BS to get it for ‘free’)…

they fixed that so i reinstalled.

Whilst I agree, if you don’t like or are not enjoying the game uninstall. Life too short to waste your time on something you don’t like.

But also, life too short to be getting militant about it… It’s literally just a game and has no real impact on your life.

1 Like

It’s funny. I was honestly thinking something along the lines of this. Similar to what happened to Sony with Hell Divers 2 and the community spoke out and then they backed down. It’s almost like Blizzard will wait for this to fall flat on its head and then come out with a new patch and say “we are listening now”. And for this reason I really hope something bad like this happens to the game just so these dumb dev’s realise they have taken a good game and ruined it with some new ‘out of the box thinking tactics’ with all the matchmaking.

Except that when Overwatch 2 was “review-bombed” Blizzard acted like they were the victims of some malicious attack when it was genuine negative community sentiment that people were not able to express on Battle.net because…oh right…because Blizzard made sure you couldn’t give them any public feedback (and content creators from the discord server don’t count, as their sole interest is to keep getting sneak peeks and marketing money to keep their streaming careers from imploding). So the only thing Overwatch players can do is not spend any money on the game and play as little as possible or not at all. If the game makes money there will be no real motivation to fix anything because Team 4 looked at the money flowing in and compared it to the review score and were probably scratching their heads. “Seems fine to me”, says Jared Neuss. “Let’s wait until the money dries up.”

2 Likes

For starters, just playing the game less and not buying anything from shop will do.

4 Likes

Played since early OW1. I have now stopped playing OW2 completely. Comp was getting horrendous (and almost oppressive) with the matchmaking and deteriorating updates.

I can honestly say my mental health has improved since I stopped!

Haven’t spent a dime to blizzard since 2018 and I don’t plan to start spending any time soon. Let’s see them do something about smurfing/cheating. That would impress me and for me would be a start.

I haven’t spent any money since OW1 and the way the game is now and what the dev’s have done to the game, I hope the game takes a big L and dies of cancer.

People are addicted.

They will complain but keep bashing their head at the broken mechanics in this game.

Waiting for the next hero that’s hold button to do damage/heal/tank/anti/cleanse all at the same time… you know. Cuz balance

1 Like

The issue is the ‘die hard’ fans, or probably most of them anyway, have just stopped playing, you are likely one of the last

The F2P people with open wallets will always out value you in a business sense and OW2 is making more money so… Unless something REALLY happens, it isn’t going to change unfortunately

Nah.

Never give up

20 char

My fun is not political. When I get bored again I’ll just take another extended break and play something else for awhile. Uninstalling is for space issues or people that lack willpower not to play (or post on a forum about) a game they do not enjoy.

Everyone sane already quit this game around 2018 or 2019 latest.