Everyone’s calling mercy an off healer

Maybe so, but it has nothing to do with balance. She is favorite hero of many, and only healer that 100% will do their job, instead of chasing kills.

Blizzard is gonna look at the pickrate and say “ oh look she’s fine”
People really need to put their money where their mouth is and let her drop a little

They will look at it and say “she still isn’t troll pick, we have to nerf her further”. Like they did, when even after over 10 nerfs in total, she was top pick healer.

It’s like people complaining that they don’t like a videogame coming out and the creators go “ yeah but you’re going to buy it anyway”
And everyone is like “ yeah that’s true, here’s my money”

Her pickrate has been gradually dropping ever since the nerf…

4 Likes

I think it’s going to balance back out again.

I’ve not heard anyone call Mercy and offhealer o.o.

Tbh given what the meta is like 60 hp/s is probably ok to give her again. Even without she’s still okay.

Side note: I don’t play much mercy but the mercy I have played the -10 hp/s is very noticeable.

2 Likes

I’m not taking credit for pointing this out, but I’m glad I definitely got the ball rolling in the forums :slight_smile:

But yeah, anti-Mercy’s are becoming less of a threat since more and more of their points are either being proven wrong or straight up drowned out.

1 Like

I, in general, am against mass rez; however, given that the heals are a joke now, it honestly would not even be a problem at this point. She would rez everyone and they would die again because she cannot even save a target from a rabid Moira. Lul.

1 Like

Healer that heals 24/7 supposed to be better at healing, than healers healing only 50% of their time and doing damage other 50%. So make Mercy that best healer, while increasing damage for the rest - they are more DPS than healers anyway. Unless, of course, they finally realize, that moving resurrect to ability was worst mistake in history of Overwatch.

It’s game logic, and it’s solid like concrete wall.

1 Like

You just accidentally requested v1.0 Mercy ITT. No one wanted that.

Sorry, but Mercy 2.0, 2.1, etc. just isn’t working in balanced way. When resurrect was an ult - she was used mainly at lower tiers, and people were happy. When it became ability - everything went downhill.

2 Likes

Mercy hiding every teamfight wasn’t working either. It made her a must-pick.

It wasn’t best strategy either. If other team saved few ults, Mercy’s team just wiped second time. Ana’s nerf made Mercy only remaining main healer at the moment, and then rework happened.

So instead of winning 1 teamfight, they had to win 2. Forcing them to go 2-0 without losing a single player in the second fight is fantastic strategy.

Also, Mercy isn’t the only hero on her team with an ult, either.

While teammates are being resurrected, they are immobile and harmless. You get spare time to:

• prepare to tell them, what time it is;
  • line up headshots;
  • drop D.va’s exploding mech;
  • start up rip-tire;
  • or use any other ult, up to your tastes;
1 Like

There are solutions to this problem, ex. A small cast time, no invulnerability

1 Like

Even with Mercy flying towards pile of dead teammates, there were time to:

• hit her with hook/flashbang/other stun ability. Usually it meant death for Mercy, or resurrecting less players in attempt to survive.
  • hack her with Sombra. Prevents resurrect completely, and leaves Mercy an easy target.
  • just headshot her, if you are skilled Widow/Hanzo.

But, as usual, no one in lower tiers could do it, and complains began. Meanwhile at high tiers she wasn’t picked, as people had better aim and could stop her way before she reaches good spot.

6 Likes

And now there’s Also Brigitte, Doomfist, and Wrecking Ball to make it even harder, along with the original ones.

5 Likes

Except they’re invulnerable for about 3 seconds and can start moving right away.