Every rework has been a failure

I’m sorry for the negative title of this post, but sadly it’s true. None of the reworks has been a success.

Sym 2.0 - Failure
Mercy 2.0 - Failure
Sombra 2.0 - Failure
Hanzo 2.0 - Failure

Sad, but true. Every time a hero has been reworked it’s either failed, or in the case of Hanzo/Mercy, been so OP it’s meta defining. Sombra got a knee-jerk nerf that means we’ll never know. And her potential rework on the PTR is the worst of the lot.

EDIT: I forgot to add Bastion to the list. Reworked then nerfed before he got a chance to get to PTR

139 Likes

Just Sombra ma dude just her

7 Likes

D.vas wasn’t. Neither was Reapers.

51 Likes

They didn’t have reworks in the same way as the others. Even then, Reaper is hardly in a great spot.

8 Likes

D.va had a pretty significant rework… Bigger than Sombras and Hanzos

19 Likes

Bastion was the worst one.

Went from garbage to god.
God to even worse garbage.

56 Likes

Not really ,a lot of them were improvements/worked out just fine.

Sym 2.0 (improvement)

D.va (worked out)

Reaper (improvement)

Mercy is debatable ,personally I’d say it’s an improvement

17 Likes

Except Hanzo had 2 all new abilities, a change to his primary and a rework of sonar arrow, I hardly think DVA had more than that.

2 Likes

Blizzard remork make an ultimate into ability and create a crap ulti. Torb remork i bet his gonna get a new ulti almost useless. And hist live ulti will vê a crap abiltiy

3 Likes

But Hanzo and Sombra weren’t reworks. Hanzo had an ability change and sombra was just buffed/nerfed.

The only thing about D.Va that has stayed the same since launch has been her booster cooldown/speed/distance (and DM’s infinite blocking). Her rework didn’t change as much, but she’s a wholly different hero than she was at launch. I believe we’re on D.Va 6.5 right now, approximately.

5 Likes

Well you would be wrong then shouldn’t cherry pick.

Sombra’s rework was succsesful…for 2 weeks

9 Likes

When one starts with garbage and unfun designs, how would anyone expect the same people to fix anything?

Please remember, this is still team Titan.

1 Like

Hanzo was stronger before the rework. Scatter has the exact same barrier break as his entire storm arrow attack, except that it’s insta-cast while storm arrow takes 2 seconds to empty the whole clip (old hanzo could scatter, shoot, shoot the barrier and deal more damage than new hanzo storm arrowing the barrier for the same amount of time). Also, with a damage boost he could instakill any tank in the game, preventing the opposing team from running any real frontline without the tanks being scared of deletion. Not sure why people call it OP when hanzo was even worse beforehand (seriously, old hanzo’s been meta in the last OWL stage).

Hanzo had 2 ability changes, a rework of sonar and a change to his primary. That’s definitely a rework. That’s why he’s breaking the game right now.

4 Likes

D.va got a new ability, a change to her other ability, a change to her 3rd abilities limitations. Not to mention previous reworks where her health was changed along with the change to her DM making it resource instead of toggle and her ult cast change.

So yes she’s been significantly changed from how she was. More than Hanzo.

3 Likes

Hanzo 2.0 is a rousing success, I dunno what you’re talking about.

He’s even more fun to play than he was before.

6 Likes

Dont forget the movement while firing change too. And the pellet change.

The only thing that hasn’t been changed in dva is her boosters. Literally every other facet of her has been changed.

1 Like

Sombra wasn’t reworked they literally changed a few things they didn’t give her any new abilities or anything.

4 Likes