Every balance change by hero logged

Edit 20:

added a general change from patch 1.30.0.1 that I forgot to add

You forgot Patch 1.10.1.2: increased swing speed for Dragonblade.

it didn’t appear in the patch notes

Google the patch notes. It’s in there under the bug fixes, but it’s really a balance change.

Prior to the patch, Genji only got 6 swings with his ult, but 7 swings after that patch.

I don’t count bug fixes. Every bug fix can count as a balance change, hence why I don’t do them

Except it wasn’t a bug, it was a balance change by adding another swing.

Or is this a list that refuses to acknowledge a Genji buff?

I will find the forum post where Geoff said that. unless you wanna help me find it

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753995404?page=8#post-152

I added it to the log

Sounds good! :ok_hand:

I will add the console exclusive changes

This was a lot of work great job!
How did i not find this until now?

1 Like

Because you’re a silly billy

Clone of the same information
https://www.esportstales.com/overwatch/list-all-hero-updates-and-balance-changes

I didn’t know that post existed :confused:

No problem. Sometimes stuff happens.

What annoys me is that I cannot find the general patch that made dive possible — the one that upped the distance of mobility hero leaps and jumps from 4 to 7 meters.

It was done near the end of the tank meta in response to Tracer and Genji’s complaining that they couldn’t get past the “tank line.”

At the time we all knew it would mean something but not exactly what. About a month later Tracer started to make a comeback where before she was considered a throw pick.

It’s like they erased the fact that this patch ever existed; however it’s important because dive wouldn’t ever have existed without it.

Just a little point out but Junkrat change log is missing

-The trap can no longer be damaged when Genji dash through it.
-The mine knockback changes to Junkrat that also came with Winston own change as well (Since both of them utilize the same physic engine.)
-Riptire physics was changed as it used to be able to launch itself like some demented rocket

Further unlisted changes (From a person that has 300 hours in Junkrat.)
-The camera for Riptire lingers for 1-2 seconds when it’s destroyed or detonated, back then it went straight back (This happen after the spectator changes.)
-Mine sticks a lot more to surroundings (I assume this was done also to Sym and Torb turret/teleporter since they utilize the same concept.)

That’s what I remembered so far

Edit 22: added the balance change in patch 1.33.0.1

Man, that probably took a lot of work. You earned my utmost respect for this.
But i think you missed the initial 6>8 ammo buff for Ana.
If you check her hero information, you can still see that she had 6 ammo at one point.

1 Like