[EU Player] Crossplay just killed Overwatch for me

I play on PC. I want people who can aim. I want people who can react quickly. I don’t want console players on my team. Now that I’m basically being handed a loss whenever I get a console player on an aim-intensive hero, now I can’t switch my region either?

Crossplay is the worst thing that has ever happened to Overwatch. I would have taken 1 hour queues over having teammates that are choosing to handicap themselves and losing the ability to switch region. Any day of the week.

You wanna know what’s more depressing? I can’t play with my NA friends anymore. The majority are from NA because NA servers are generally more friendly and everyone speaks English. EU is a radioactive cesspit full of toxic French people and I should have the choice to avoid it, like I have been avoiding it for the past 5 years.

Please reconsider this awful decision. If you actually cared about your players, you would do so.

49 Likes

You’re forgetting the fact that crossplay is not enabled for ranked. Additionally, if you play on your own you will only be queued with other PC players.

38 Likes

It’s only been out for 2 hours…

16 Likes

region merging is though

3 Likes

All PC players can be put in a game with console players, whether they’re grouped with one or not

11 Likes

my region is effed up though, i play in EU cause support q time in sg is 15 mins at non peak timees, now i cant fricking choose to play in EU.

i AINT WAITING 15 MINS, A FEATURE THAT WASNT MEANT FOR COMP IS FRICKIGN RUINED MY COMP GAMES.

2 Likes

iTs oNLy bEeN oUt fOr 2 HouRs

The amount of time it’s been out has absolutely nothing to do with the fact they just flipped off every player who wants to play on a different region. Especially when they have friends on said region.

9 Likes

You can still play with those friends though, so kinda confused what you mean.

6 Likes

No I can’t. They are on a different region to me. They removed the ability to switch region.

5 Likes

That’s fair and a valid complaint. My point was that the whole “crossplay is the worst thing to ever happen in the world” attitude seems like a pretty big leap for something that just came out.

You don’t need to switch region though. Just group up with them, as of the world is just one big region

9 Likes

This is wrong. A “PC only” pool no longer exists for QP/Arcade.

4 Likes

North America too.
Awful. Awful. Awful.

4 Likes

Which has nothing to do with crossplay.
It just happened to come with the same patch.

This still doesn’t solve the problem with being forced to play on EU. Believe me, if you have ever played on EU then you would understand why I want to avoid it entirely.

3 Likes

Well, maybe try messing around with something like this:

Choosing Which Server You Want To Play Tutorial - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums

EU is not as bad as you try to tell us, lol.

2 Likes

… It’s pretty bad.

4 Likes

I sometimes play in eu and i disagree, NA is way more toxic.

But the ping is bad.

I agree completely, I used to play in NA but I recently switched to EU

There is 95% less racism/sexism in EU for sure.