Error 5001 - Unable to Add Friends

I’m getting an “Error 5001 – Unable to Add Friends” / “The invite could not be sent due to an internal problem (5001)” on overwatch2 ps4 and I’m trying to follow the instructions on your website to fix it but i assume you guys updated the app through IOS cuz when I’m trying to follow the directions I can’t find what it’s telling me to look for, nowhere to be found. I’m so lost and I just want this fixed and I can’t find a YouTube video tutorial for it… please help

2 Likes

I have the same issue.

It started on Season 6, once I connected my account to Steam. People can add me, I can’t add people.

1 Like

You can’t use mobile apps to remove pending friend requests. Only the PC application works for this.

If your issue still is not resolved after successfully clearing your pending friend requests, or you are unable to do so, you should contact Battle.net Technical Support.

well that’s bc its deliberate. since devs can rig selected accounts from inability to add friends, then devs can certainly exempt selected accounts from rigged matches altogether. lines of code, can do whatever the coder commands, usually.

so ridiculous, anyone know if theres a way to get off this list and be able to add ppl normaly again? and what reason does blizzard have for stopping these ppl from adding ppl? dont get it