Error 403 Forbidden, Occasional disconnects from Overwatch 2

Occasionally anytime I try to play Overwatch 2, whether I’m in the main menu, queueing for a game, or in the middle of a match, the game will with cut to the opening menu and say “ERROR DISCONNECTED” and then say “CLIENT REQUESTED DISCONNECT”. I figured it might’ve been my Xbox so I tried on my Nintendo Switch, but it happened again. I reset my router twice, un-installed, then reinstalled the game, and restarted both consoles. I’m unsure what to do and it’s frustrating considering this only just recently happened.

I started looking up any similar issues anyone else might be experiencing, but when I tried to login to Battlenet there was a 403 Forbidden error message. The only way I was able to access Battlenet was via my cellphone data. I tried logging on from phone and computer with the my wifi connection but they all said 403 Forbidden as well when trying to login. I already logged in to my router’s account and went through the settings of it and it didn’t seem like the website was restricted or anything like that. Is it an IP Ban or something? Honestly I’m not too sure what’s going on and it happened out of nowhere

Are you using a VPN when connecting with your WiFi? And which ISP? It’s possible their DNS or network is blocking Blizzard services—though you would need to ask them.

Not using a VPN whatsoever and I have Verizon. The router settings haven’t changed as far as I’m aware but I’ll look into it.

It’s not about whether they changed at your house, it’s about what Verizon changed. They can update your modem whenever they need to. I would call them.

I called and spoke with Verizon for a few hours but they concluded that nothing was changed on their end and the modem is fine. They ran a bunch of diagnostics and had me a run a series of tests to detect the issue and nothing worked.

It looks like every time I try to access us,account,battle,net or the domain ouath,battle,net using my Wi-Fi I get the 403 forbidden error. I though it maybe an API issue for authorization so I unlinked my Battlenet authorization, but it didn’t fix anything

I tried using a VPN and connected to outside of the US and it works for allowing me to login to my Battlenet account, but I still get the error message when trying to play Overwatch 2

There are no available updates for my modem it seems and I’ve got no idea what to do to solve the issue. I’m hoping that with the start of the new season that the issue may resolve itself, but I know it pretty much won’t do anything

I can attempt to call Verizon again and maybe speak with someone else who may have an idea as to what is happening, but I don’t know how it’ll be resolved. I made a ticket and sent it to Blizzard to hopefully get in contact with someone that can help me with the problem.

Did you try manually changing your DNS on the modem?