Enhance pointer precision (mouse)

If you go into Windows settings > Mouse > Additional mouse options > Tab: Pointer Options, there’s an option called Enhance pointer precision.

I know what this does and how it works but I want to know if this option is also active in Overwatch when enabled.

No, do not use it, it will cause input lag, glitches in sounds, no reg shots, and double shooting.

1 Like

Not true it seems, see here: Enhance pointer precision (mouse) - #4 by DLCI-1405

I’ve tested with and without it active, I would suggest you do the same, in my case it caused all kinds of issues, and disabling it fixed them, I’ve suggest to many other people over the years to disable it, and it fixed most of their issues as well.

I have a pretty good pc and I don’t have any issues with it on/off, I just wanted to know if that might have a subtle influence on my aim (which I don’t want ofcourse :stuck_out_tongue: ). Thanks either way.

Hopefully it works for you, but if you start having any of the issues I listed above, I would suggest then turning the option off, at least while playing Overwatch, while I’m sure the game uses the raw input, and not the Windows inputs, it’s still been known to cause issues for other players.

If you are using fullscreen-exclusive mode, as I said in that other thread, it should not make any difference.

It is possible that playing in windowed mode or in borderless fullscreen may re-introduce pointer ballistics into Overwatch’s mouse input despite the engine using raw-input.

That could explain double-click issues, although for the life of me I have no idea why it would cause sound glitches. What version of windows did this happen on? Was it windows 8 by any chance?

Windows 10, full screen, brand new Asus RoG, I can’t explain the sound glitches, nor the other issues, I just know they were fixed when I turned the option off.