Enemy Double shield/Best support?

Hey everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this topic and reply and help :slight_smile:

My question here is what is the best support for when the enemy is running double shield? Like Rein/Sigma while my team was running Rein/Diva?

I know that Ana is not very good with double shield due to it being very hard to get anti’s off.

Also, this topic is not about asking your team to switch or whatever. I am in low elo “we do not do that here”, switching :smiley:

Joking aside, what is my best option here as a support?

I know the title must be a bit misleading but it did not let me put a few words in there so had to make smth happen out of it :smiley:

Also if my team is running double shield what is the best support there as well?

Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

When playing against Double Shield while playing with a Rein, you will want great sustain and a way to close the gap quickly, so choosing Lucio and Baptiste would allow your Rein to quickly get up close and personal and deal some serious damage!

Other supports like Ana, Moira, Zen, Mercy wouldn’t be as effective in this scenario, especially on attack, since these heroes won’t provide you with the sustain and speed you need.
For example:

• Ana’s Anti Nade and Sleep will be very hard to land because of constant shields
  • Moira will hardly be able to deal damage to recharge healing meter
  • Zen’s discord orb will be almost useless as it won’t allow you to destroy shields quicker
  • Mercy isn’t that good either as her healing is very low, especially when attacking

Brig could work to some degree, but then you don’t have the option to speed your team into the enemy and will have to play cover way more to be effective.

3 Likes

Thank you for your input :slight_smile: I really appreciate it.

I thought so too, me having to switch to the heroes I am worst at :smiley:

I won games while not playing Lucio or Bap while enemy ran double shield but only because they did not know how to play double shield properly and mostly because low elo is like “I play what I want, you do not tell me what to do.”

I mean if it was any other elo than Gold we would have been hard wrecked.

Any Bap or Lucio advice in this case? What should I focus on the most? I am bad at both of them, like really bad.

What should I start working on the most with the two? What is the biggest value I bring as Lucio or Bap?

Like in such a comp what do we play for then? Play for Beat? Use IF to prevent a death? If so, which target needs a priority save in general?

Sorry, I am asking the dumbest questions here (and not being ashamed about it :smiley: ) but I do not know how to properly play those 2 heroes.

2 Likes

as bap you will be healing more. when you’re playing with rein/dva it gives implications your team will be playing much more close

with lucio it’ll be with speed and running into the team. if they have rein/sig they probably wouldn’t be running lucio with that. sigma is kinda an easy target at that point.

traditional double shield is a comp which is enabled by the frontline. example would be what was an owl meta a bit ago: orisa sigma ashe tracer bap zen. its a comp that plays a lot slower. a rein/sig is a little different as it doesn’t allow to play more spread but the same concept sort of applies. because it plays slowly, running lucio with speed puts a lot of pressure onto the enemy frontline. which is good in a comp that plays much slower.

if you use more speed, beat won’t charge all that quickly. i believe it is the slowest charging support ult.

bap ult is normally the first ult used and can be charged very quickly. in the beginning fights it’s important to get ahead of the other bap if they have one.

with the recent immor nerf, your sustain is just a bit more important. immor doesn’t need to be used on cooldown, neither should it. i don’t know if there’s necessarily someone you should save with it, but as bap you’ll generally be looking more towards your tanks in general.

both bap and lucio thrive in closer constructed comps. you get a lot of value out of both. i agree with mr. abdullah9000 that these would be your best picks.

i would pick up bap though, especially because i know you’re an ana player and their utility requires cooldown management and knowledge. while your bap and ana may be at different skill levels, lots of the learning concepts are the same

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you so much :slight_smile:

A question. How to utilize speed properly in an elo that does not know how to utilize speed?

To make it more simple, the enemy does not know how or why they should not be running speed but what if they do? What if they run Lucio with that? Mostly in my elo whenever there is a Lucio he is on heals 90% of the time, so the enemy never really uses speed to their advantage.

What should my play be here then? Use speed and run them down? What if my team does not go for it even if I call it out in VC? I do not see how me running alone with speed at them is the best play. If my Tanks are too shy to take space with speed or get into their face, what should I do then?

lucio is meant to be played in comps which play faster. playing rein sigma inherently lessens his value. especially if he only heals, not using much speech. my good friend anne robinson would tell that lucio “you are the weakest link.”

mostly the people who will need to use your speed the most is your tanks. you gotta communicate and encourage them. so many players in lower elos can’t do anything without being full health. encourage them. tell them it’s okay. give them love. you can even direct them and say get in there and hit stuff. and you can always switch to healing too in the midst of it.

if your tanks won’t take space then your value is decreased as well. at that point i recommend swapping. you’d get less value out of lucio by playing him as a healbot. and yes, healing does give a lot of value in those lower ranks. but they hate lucio because 1) very low passive healing and 2) no one knows how to hit the gas pedal with lucio. so overall it’d be best to switch

1 Like

If the enemy is running double shield, especially without Reinhardt (such as Sigma and Orisa), playing a Support that has high shield break can really help your team pressure the shields.

Bap + Zen is the best shield break combo I believe, but I would agree generally that against an enemy Reinhardt, if your team has a Reinhardt, playing Lucio to give your Rein speed is usually the most effective.

2 Likes

I like playing bap because he can shoot in between his healing (which 90% of baps don’t take advantage of) His shieldbreak is that of an average DPS
Sometimes I like to play Zen or mercy too.

1 Like

watch the movements of your tanks and especially the killfeed (I’m a tank player so I’m pointing out places where speed boost could be useful to ur tanks):
-If you see ur tanks backing up then speed them out, same with engagement into the enemy as a team and I see that as the general rule of thumb for speed especially against double shield.
-Speed when ur tanks call for it, if you are going to call for speed see if the tanks are ready to press W
-After closing the distance and a brawl break out, heal aura is important for aoe sustain and heal boost only if someone is dangerously low for example ur other supp and maintank
-Watch killfeed to see if you should continue to engage or retreat (this usually is indicated by a pick from either team)

2 Likes