Emongg just said to me that he wishes that "D.Va was better."

See. D.Va isn’t balanced. D.Va needs buffs, theres more proof on this and stats on this.

24 Likes

Stats are better proof than his opinion.

40 Likes

Aren’t her stats bad too though

13 Likes

Poko has even said this on his stream before.

1 Like

She’s seeing low pick rates on ladder but solid win rates. She’s seeing a TON of use in OWL, though. She’s the most-picked tank there for recent weeks, including throughout the May tournament where there were no hero bans.

14 Likes

Solid win rate of 48.00%?

25 Likes

She’s only below 50% at diamond and below. She’s above 50% at high ranks. 48% overall, though.

The issue is that DM was never even that good of an ability to begin with. Don’t get me wrong it could be very good in certain situations, but since it only blocks projectiles it doesn’t offer the same protection given by Zarya bubbles. It is also kind of wonky. Sometimes you will think you are DMing something but the damage will still go through.

DMs strength is that it is not on a cooldown but on a resource meter. Due to this, you can easily flex between peeling for supports and blocking damage for your main tank. As Zarya, you have to chose one or the other. This flexibility also allows dva to block more burst damage abilities.

But they overnerfed this ability. Before the cooldown and range nerfs she was fine. Currently DM seems to run out rather quickly. And considering the frequency that you often want to use it, it is frustrating.

Currently it feels like D.Vas only strength is that she can fly. This gives her the ability to contest high ground.

10 Likes

That’s her only thing. Honestly, I think they should just buff the up-time from 2 seconds to 2.5 seconds or even 3.

1 Like

DM was never that good of an ability to begin with

Pepega take. DM deletes literally everything.

Just buff the DM cooldown to 1 sec between use and d.va usage will skyrocket.

16 Likes

So if the issue is just that low ranked DVas are bad, then how are you supposed to help keep your Rein alive as D.Va? Personally even if I matrix him every time he puts his shield down, he still managed to get low hp or anti’d. Zarya bubbles are more consistent and block more damage.

3 Likes

It depends on the enemy comp. D.Va isn’t the right pick to defend Rein unless there’s damage she can eat with matrix. She’s mostly for controlling high ground (so Rein isn’t getting shot at as much in the first place) and helping with dive, which low ranks don’t do well. Dive takes coordination. Matrix also eats many ults entirely, which bubble can’t do.

1 Like

I agree. That is why I feel like D.Va is situational at the moment. You can get away with playing Zarya in most cases.

2 Likes

Just got another reply with emongg, he went into further detail, he said that D.Va is fine it’s just that the other tanks make her HORRIBLE. She’s balanced but the other tank picks are better at doing her job.

2 Likes

Don’t treat an opinion as truth buddy.
It’s just an opinion.

I do agree that Dva could use some buffs, like most tanks, but just don’t take his word as truth.

4 Likes

Ah well, give it a few years.

Took Mercy 2 years to get a healing buff she desperately needed, and people had been saying for God knows how long how bad her healing was.

So, I’d say she’ll get buffs in about 2 years. Roughly.

6 Likes

So just because 1 person says he wishes she was better means she automatically needs buffs?

D.Va is a great hero in T500 right now, and in other ranks too where she doesn’t get punished as much.

It’s OK to have a high skill floor hero that isn’t easy to pick up.

1 Like

Wouldn’t you wish for one of your mains to be buffed?

1 Like

D.va before booster buff: OMG Throw pick!! she’s horrible!!!
D.va during 3 sec boosters: OMG OVERPOWERED!! BULLY!!!
D.va after revert to prior status: She’s fine actually even though she’s exactly the same :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s not a full revert tho, it’s at 4 seconds instead of 5 seconds how it initially was.

1 Like