Echo sucks when using a controller

When using a controller, it is practically impossible to aim while floating using the ‘X’ or ‘A’ button as mercy, pharah and echo. So to fix this they made it an option to use your secondary fire ‘L2’ or ‘LT’ to float instead, this allows your right thumb the freedom to aim with the right stick. This works with pharah and mercy, but not echo.
Echo’s secondary fire is the sticky bombs, but the floating ability is still binded to the secondary fire, so this means that in order to float while using a controller, you have to waste a cooldown. If you change the button bindings for secondary fire, it also changes the binding for the float button, so no matter what, you have to waste that cooldown.
They should have a hero option to change which button is to float, instead of having it automatically be paired with secondary fire. Or at least make the flying cooldown the same as the floating cooldown instead of the bombs.

16 Likes

I mean, i feel like changing your jump to alternate fire and moving sticky bombs to X could work :grinning:

It’s better to swap alternate fire (L2 or LT) with the fly ability if you could still float with the trigger. This way you could shoot the bombs and fly all while aiming.

1 Like

I guess you could move sticky bombs to interact or something

1 Like

More options are always a good idea.

6 Likes

Wait do they not have an option to rebind buttons on console?

1 Like

They have, but we are debating the fact that to hold jump to float (with Pharah, Mercy and now Echo) you have to give up the aim (right analog) to hold the X or A button.
To make it better, Blizz also bond floating passives to L2 or LT, which for Echo is the sticky bombs, but I don’t know if the passives are attached to whatever ability you bind to L2 or LT or if it changes along to whatever button you rebind sticky bombs to.

5 Likes

Yeah, but that’s not always a solution, because the bumpers/triggers are needed for abilities that require aim.

You could do a rebind to a “bumper jumper” setting, like people use for Lucio, but it would be better if the devs just binded her glide to the flight button and/or added a toggle option for glide (so you can just click jump to glide, instead of having to hold it).

3 Likes

You only have a limited amount of buttons, so you always swap. So if you want your jump to be LT, whatever ability whas on LT is now on A.

And to press A, you have to let go of the right joystick, so you cannot aim for that moment (Imagine having to let go of your mouse to press throw grenage). Unless you use the claw technique.

1 Like

We can, but like thepost above me we only have a limited amount of buttoms. All my buttons are already used just for Mercy. Resurrect is a GREAT example. Its bound to the SAME key by default to Angelic descent (other than Jump). So if im running away and my ally dies while using AD im 100% F U D G E D. Pharah has her hover on LT which is easier. But Echo… not to sure

1 Like

The float binding is always attached to the sticky bombs. You would still require to waste a good cooldown on a basic movement ability.

4 Likes

Oh wow, let’s just hope they fix that

1 Like

Toggle float ain’t that bad of an idea.

4 Likes

This is actually kind of a big issue. When she releases on live, everyone on console is gonna suck with her. They either be constantly on the ground, or wasting cooldowns while also being airborne. Actually needs to get fixed

1 Like

No matter how you map your buttons, float will always be paired with sticky bombs.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely a mistake for her to hit the PTR like this. If she doesn’t work with the default controls on console, then she’s just not suitable for release.

1 Like

When I used to play console I’d just bind jump to left thumbstick click, works really well.

2 Likes

Exactlyyy. I really hope they don’t wait until it releases on live. It’s gotta be fixed before console players’ first experience with her would be horrible.

I really hope she doesn’t go live tomorrow so the devs can find a fix for this.

1 Like

Most of mechanicals heros sucks with gamepad

1 Like