Echo’s Localization In-Game

Dude, these are being stealth implemented. They didn’t say crap about the Asian lines being in the game and they weren’t when Echo first appeared on the PTR, yet there they are after a while.
Also:

1 Like

Why is it bothering you so much I kinda “necro’d” a thread that is not even that old :slight_smile: ?

I have my reasons to ask about Echo’s localization just like anybody else around has theirs for asking anything on these forums. Please respect that.

Thanks for answering (even though it’s not what I was looking for but yeah…).

Have a nice day !

1 Like

It is against the rules, and seeing old threads mixed with new ones makes it slightly unorganized.

Don’t “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called “necro bumping” or “necroing”). Users who are found to be bumping posts will be subject to forum account suspension and post removal.

1 Like

Bumping is purposely giving a thread attention in some way that makes the thread visible, resulting in more attention from other users.

Asking a question is not bumping, or necroing, smarty pants.

1 Like

You can simply ask the question in “General Discussion”

No need to if the thread for it is already there.

1 Like

There are other threads that ask the exact same question in different wording.

Yet other users used this very thread to complain about Echo’s state, saying she’s “too OP” when this isn’t in any way the topic nor the place to discuss it.

Why don’t you say anything to them since you’re all about respecting rules ?

So it’s better to flood the forums with a brand new “Echo localization” thread when there’s already a pretty recent one created by an official Blizzard community manager ?

What’s the point ? It reminds me of those people that make endless threads to criticize a specific hero instead of creating one thread only in this regard (currently, Moira is the perfect example on these forums - everyone is creating their own “let’s rant about Moira” threads that don’t even lead to a constructive discussion whatsoever).

This wasn’t spamming. I was just asking a simple question. I’m a fan of Echo’s French voice actress that is very well-known in French speaking countries and I wanted to know if Blizzard’s dubbing studios (or wherever they record voice lines in foreign languages) were open since a lot of countries are exiting lockdowns…

Why do you want to make me feel as if I have just killed somebody so bad ? What’s in it for you ? If you want to fight for what’s right (which I can somehow understand), why don’t you go and say something to all of the people that are toxic on these forums (which is much worse than what I “did” and is almost always left unpunished) ?

There’s a lot of work for you to deal with than harassing someone that just asked something about Echo’s localization during this complicated Covid-19 situation (on a thread that is not even 1-month old).

Thanks for trying but I guess it’s hopeless. These forums are becoming a horrible place to be in, every day a little bit more. It’s like toxicity only is allowed and asking basic questions politely is not tolerated.

It’s actually insane.

I’m just really annoyed of people bringing back older threads, even if people “flood” the forums with new ones, those who care will hit it. Not sure what possessed me to hit this so early in the morning.

Even if you make a new post, if it not significant, it’s going to be gone and buried quickly.

Reddit is worse then these forums. Some of those things are hive minds.

I kid you not when I say I would have been 100% nicer if this was a new post about the localization and normally when it comes to bringing older topics back I just post an image and move on. If I had to give a guess of why I came off a pretty harsh here, it was because it was a blue post.

1 Like

A lot of things annoy me too on these forums but most of the time, it’s just better to ignore them. Your post was really aggressive but I’m glad you’re kinda admitting you were rough on me ^^’ !

That’s why I didn’t want to create a new thread. I knew it would be buried very fast. I thought I had better chances by quoting this Blizzard employee but I guess it didn’t work either :p…

I was told the opposite (through an IG friend of mine) and I thought about giving it a try for OW2 but well… I’ll see how it goes there I guess, on my own.

Forgiven, forgotten :wink: ! Thanks for your answers.

1 Like