Easy way to reduce Mercy complaints

Well they were if you learned when to rez properly and used your GA to move around to avoid dying and to help priority targets and thought about the ult economy or how to dance around the cart without being lucio.

If all Mercy was to you was holding left click, then you obviously shouldn’t have been playing her outside vs ai and a little quick play.

1 Like

Why 90%? Why not 80? Why not 100? Why not 60? Why not 51?

The thing is… Where are the lines drawn? We have no idea. Just shots in the dark.

The easiest way is to return 2016 launch Mercy.

1 Like

I have no reason to believe that’d be more problem free than staying the course and adjusting from here.

2016 launch Mercy could be utterly useless. She won’t be amazing imho given current state of the game, but I do find MANY reasons to think she’d be useless ult wise. Throw pick.

Because it’s arbitrary, going after something that would be hard to measure anyways.

Either way, make the vast majority happy.

Then let the remaining complaints get replies of “She’s fun and balanced now, so why are you still complaining?”.

Problem solved.

What would it take for vast majority to be happy? Mass Rez? Are we sure that’s what vast majority wants?

We can be saying that to them now in a lot of ways. Fun is subjective afterall. Iunno.

In a lot of ways I don’t think there will ever be an acceptable state of Mercy. Not until like say they stick with this version of Mercy and 3 years pass and those that are hell bent on Mass Rez have moved on to Roblox or whatever.

I don’t see how Mass Rez would be more useless than what she has now. She literally serves no purpose. They took a balanced hero, buffed it, reworked it, made it OP, nerfed it, nerfed it, nerfed it, and then nerfed it.

Staying the course? I disagree. It’s time to abandon this burning ship that was never completely thought out to begin with. Blizzard made her a Titanic. Valkyrie was supposed to be great, and it was initially, until it sunk.

Mass Rez Mercy would so not be a throw pick. Granted, they could make alterations to her 2016 kit, but at least return it so she has some input on what actually happens. Otherwise, why even play her? Play Ana, or Brig, or Moira.

1 Like

How many people you plan to rez? Let’s give her LOS, cast time, and no invlun. Now. Place a Brigitte in the area she needs to be to pop her mass rez for full effect. Yeah…

Also, assume LOS or whatever means she gets 2/3 dead people, so still numerical disadvantage… And, she might have died pulling it off cuz no invuln, just blown up.

Again… Numerical advantage, super important.

Tell me, what makes you believe Mass Rez would be somehow effective or impactful in the current state of the game?

Well, if I remember correctly, 2016 Rez wasn’t LoS, so assuming it’s not, then a lot of that goes away.

Brigitte being able to stun Mercy is a factor, but I don’t see why that is a reason to not return Mass Rez. Her Rez wasn’t that long of a cast for Brigitte to stop, unless the Mercy is right in front of her. A major complaint of Mass Rez was the inability to counter it. Well, Brigitte would answer that.

It’s just my personal opinion that Mass Rez was a more enjoyable playstyle for Mercy. She had more relevance, and had a greater outcome on how the game played out. Her ultimate had purpose. It’s uncertain how Mass Rez would function in the current game, but assuming one Rez’s away from a Brigitte, I’m unsure how anything else has changed all that much from before. To me, it’d be worth a try. It’s better than what Mercy has had for a while now.

1 Like

I’ve always had the most fun discussing Mercy, not playing her.

Mass Rez with invuln was basically used as a Pharah rez at pro level.

That clip of Seagull being mad about Mercy hide and rez that was circulated around, that wasn’t him being mad at an enemy Mercy. It was him being like “WTF are you doing? Help with the fight” basically to a Mercy on his team that was pulling a hide and rez.

She did not have more relevance with mass rez even with invuln. It simply took advantage of the enemy’s ineptitude. The general argument current is apply LOS restriction, cast time, and no more invlun to Mass Rez. Compensate with some E ability. What kind of E ability would make that sort of compromise on Mass Rez worth rolling a Mercy? Or will we just be reporting Mercies en masse like we do attack Torbs and Syms?

I feel like so many that argue for a reintroduction of Mass Rez, with the outlined conditions above, really don’t know what they’re talking about. Furthermore, so many act like adding invuln to Mass Rez was the problem, when really, in order for it to be really any good it required it. Otherwise you all just feed ult like mad.

There is much to consider, very little of which is ever considered.

Well, that may be true. The hiding Mercy was an issue, but that was a choice the Mercy player made themselves. I was a Mercy main from Season 1 - 4. I can honestly say I never did the “hiding Mercy”. Everyone was healed and damage boosted, and I was very good at staying alive and using the map to my advantage.

I’m unsure if Invuln was an issue. Some have suggested a damage reduction while Rezzing. Perhaps have an E ability be some sort of defense mechanism. Maybe do a reverse Valkyrie and let her fly into the air like a Pharah rocket Jump and glide. I’m not going to pretend I have a solution to any and all potential problems. I just know that her current state is meager at best, and would rather go this route, than to leave her be and hypothesize how bad or good it may be based on arbitrary situations.

2 Likes

I respect and appreciate that. I agree, her current state is very sad. It’s refreshing honestly to find someone that looks it this situation as openly as you do. Thanks for that.

I wish there was an easy answer, I truly do.

1 Like

There is hiding and there is "hiding’.

The first one is to avoid being harmed by the enemies, before performing Mass Res, the second one was selfish attempt of abusing the SR system, and in most cases it was punishing to Mercy’s team.

I’ve never done that, and I’m sure many Mercy players from that time would agree with me that was a bad gameplay.

But sadly, many streamers made people believe it’s happening in every single match…

Damn SR Exploit…

1 Like

Here’s an easy way to do it:

Just ban every Mercy complainer here, solved.

They tried to make her fun by going backwards in her design and tried to use Alpha ideas that they obviously realized back then didn’t work but assumed because of the way people were using Mass Rez for Tempo at high levels, if they gave her a tempo rez on cool down, they would see her improve. Except that made her OP. Resurrect as a basic ability is too strong in the fast paced environment of Overwatch, but as an ultimate people felt it was unfair even though it was designed in a rather unfair way and changes were never made to it to make it feel more fair. So, what we are left with is either the choice of reverting with changes to Mass Rez to try and make it more fair for the enemy because Blizz said they want to keep Rez as a feature or we change her to something in a similar way that allows her to save people but before they die.

So like, handing out an invuln but she has to heal people manually or like a pre-casted rez or something. There are many ways, but most people just want to see if Mass Rez with adjustments will work because for the most part, when used as intended, it was a little bit healthier for the game and the character and it is the only true reference we have to go on as when the character was it’s most fun and not over powered.

1 Like

And how exactly you do that while keeping her balanced?

Mercy hasn’t even been a problem since… February.
Ana is now the bot mode healer. (We all know Blizzard will never revert her buffs, so maybe a complete rework is in order.)

1 Like

By focusing on giving her interactivity and options, instead of just giving her more raw power.

I have a couple examples above:
Easy way to reduce Mercy complaints - #16 by GreyFalcon-11737

I think removing mercy would be more effective