Earned Free Loot Boxes?

Hello, so I’m a little confused. I logged into Overwatch today and have 3 unopened loot boxes. All normal loot boxes.
It’s strange because I am definitely not one to save loot boxes, and I know I opened all of them after playing last night.

Was there an update of some kind?

My only guess is endorsements: I’m endorsement level 4 (which would mean 1 for each level I went up) and have gotten no rewards from my endorsement level. I had heard they’d give out small rewards for endorsement levels, so I’m just curious if this is it.

Probably because of your Endorsement level.

8 Likes

Remembering something from a few weeks back, people have received loot boxes for maintaining endorsements, yes.

Endorsements.

wait…wait…the big bonus for having endorcement levels is lootboxes? AHAHAHAH …yay.

My endorsements got me 1 loot box…hmm…weeks of trying to acquire them get me…1 loot box…I feel soooooo lucky…lol

You cant expect them to give too much away for free :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I know right…I mean its not like we get THREE for playing arcade each week…oh wait

You get 1 lootbox for level2, 2 loot boxes for level3, 3 loot boxes for level4, and 4 loot boxes for level5.

for the amount of work people put into getting it it needs to be doubled

There are two possible reasons for getting free loot boxes. First players with an Endorsement rating of 2 or higher will at random receive loot boxes as rewards. You will see a message that says “Keep it up!” with a picture of Roadhog giving a thumbs up if this is the case.

Also the other reason is that if you played in the first day of the version 1.26 (Wrecking Ball’s release) patch being released, there was a bug with the Loot Box system that caused new cosmetics from Wrecking Ball to not payout. As such all players who earned or purchased loot boxes during that time frame were compensated with the equal number of loot boxes at a later date. See this post for details:

No it shouldn’t. Being nice shouldn’t be rewarded in the first place. It’s just a nice addition, but no one deserves anything for being a decent human being towards your team mates and enemies.

The meaning of endorsements isn’t the loot boxes but the attempt to make the community be a little more civil.

Ideally it shouldn’t reward working for it, its meant to reward those that are by nature players/team mates your happy to have around, they just never got anything before.

well during that time period I opened around 20 loot boxes…so if they are making up for it with 1 lootbox I will be a little irritated

Depends, it was not the whole day when they fixed that bug. It was like four hours before the closed the gap. So it may have only been 1 box if you earned only one during that time frame.

how depressing :persevere:

If you were compensated fairly for the same number of boxes earned, I don’t see how that is depressing.

I still don’t give anyone endorsements. It hasn’t helped the toxic problems in game. We can only block 2 players. So sorry if you are on my team just don’t expect anything from me.

“fairly” is a subjective term in this instance

You were accidentally provided an incomplete product (loot box without new content), and not only did they replace it with the product you paid for/earned, but they also let you keep the original incomplete product.

When you order a double cheeseburger and they accidentally give you a single, then replace it with the double, do you demand not only to keep the single and the double, but MORE on top of that? What exactly would be “fair” in your world of entitlement?