Each comp 2.0 season, do you go back to unranked?

I understand that at the beginning of comp 2.0 at the beginning of overwatch 2, everyone will be unranked. Then after your “first competitive update,” you’ll get your first rank.
However, what happens for every comp season after season 1? At the beginning of each comp season, do you go back to unranked and then you need to do your “first competitive update” of 7 wins/20 losses to get your 1st rank of the season? Or does your rank just get lowered at the beginning of each season? Does anyone know? Thanks!

You’re only unranked if you’re a new players. If you’re coming from OW1 then it brings across your current rank ‘adjusted’ whatever that means. I think they also said you’ll probably rank a little lower than your current rank too.

In season 2, who knows. I’d guess it would use your current rank as a starting point but perhaps would be more flexible placing you based on your MMR. In the last season of OW1 I lost 4/5 placement matches but gained 100+ SR. Which certainly never used to happen before.

1 Like