E-mail from Blizzard

There was another post on this like a day ago. I got the email too it said the same thing. Not sure why they’re sending these out, I don’t feel like playing OW.

There was some sort of error where most people’s email was for someone else’s account who didn’t play regularly. They’re supposedly working to fix this for next time.

While it doesn’t mean a whole to me now it’s pretty cool that there might be cool data/analytics we’ll get in OW2

2 Likes

It was a bug. So just ignore it.

Yeah I did but it then told me I didn’t play that account enough for stats LOL…

Hang onto that unintentional NFT folks, could be valuable one day :clown_face:

seems like they are testing to spam people with mails and hope they start playing the game when you present them stats.

1 Like

Once a week is not spam.

Here’s what the e-mail looks like:
https://imgur.com/a/7Csb3mr

looks useless af… why even send it

1 Like

I mean, it would be interesting to look at. I love looking at collected data and looking for trends.

But I get the feeling it would only be useful for those who play QP or comp, and even then it doesn’t tell you HOW many games you need. (Because I’ve played plenty of MH.)

Its not even the right battle tag

I guess they’re starting to roll retention tactics for f2p.

1 Like

A ‘Weekly performance update’… Blizz, this isn’t a job for us y’know. Next you’ll be inviting us to performance review meetings asking us why we haven’t met our weekly quota for playing support.

Horrible, tasteless, utterly soulless corporate drivel.

2 Likes

I play so little it couldn’t generate anything other than “hey maybe you should play more” but what do they mean by you? It never gave a tag name in the email anywhere :joy:

Also, I don’t intend to play more since I know grinding these goofy battle passes in 4 weeks is going to be totally miserable anyway. May as well save the burnout for later. Too bad PVP couldn’t just be fun.

Yea lol, it told me I had no analysis though, probably because I haven’t played in a while

Said to play more. What it says to me is Blizz is desperate to keep OW1 players wanting to play with the inferior sequel to make them look good to their new bosses. We still don’t matter.

An unwanted email is by definition spam.

Honestly, I think having some extra in-game stats can be kind of helpful, but it depends upon what they are and such. There is a bunch of incorrect opinions among players that honestly they would shut-up about if could see the information Blizzard had.

One of them to me is people keep thinking there is a huge swath of stomps and snowballs going on. However, if peopel actually recorded their matches I bet they’d see fewer of them. I’ve been looking at my past 10replays at the end of gaming sessions and frequently see games go to 7-15min in QP. Very rarely do I ever see anything under 5min.

I still haven’t got anything and I actually wanted to because I was playing intensively.

Instead I got a mail about a person that I have reported ingame for some reason. Not sure why that one deserved an email instead of just being announced ingame.

Sending emails to a large group of customers by mistake always poses a problem or indicates that there is an existing one. Not sure if it’s smart to call it a “bug”.

This is most definitely not a privacy issue, but in my opinion this should spur further discussion about matchmaking and player stats.
There is no way for a player to verify that they are using the correct player data for matchmaking.

I would really like to see this issue explained in detail.

No, it’s not.
“I don’t like this email from my boss. I don’t want it. It’s spam.”

1 Like