DVa matrix is a meme now - what a joke patch

Just played a game against DVa where her matrix was basically up constantly. Left half way through and tuned into Samito who happened to be playing DVa in a game.

Wow, it is a complete joke. Nothing could touch him. Playing at GM and just stomping on DVa and laughing as the enemy could do nothing because of his matrix being up so much.

You now have to switch zarya and hope your team picks at least 1 other beam to do any damage to her. Projectiles/bullets are pointless.

3 Likes

It’s a buff of 0.5 seconds, it’s not that much, all things considered.

As for Samito - up until recently, he thought DM lasted for 4 seconds. He should be happy for the ‘nerf’ :smiley:

9 Likes

I hate this patch with a burning passion but lets not pretend that 0.5s more defense matrix is the sole reason he was doing well on her. She also has 375 armor which now benefits heavily from the armor changes (many heroes do considerably less damage to armor now), the dps passive nerf means she can get healed up more, and micromissiles got a very hefty damage buff which gives her way more pressure.

1 Like

0.5s and missile damage and more heals. Her matrix was already up too much. This pushes it ever further over the line into silly territory. And the recharge delay or rate needs nerfed. It’s back up way too quickly once exhausted. It needs down time.

As the other poster also said, she has a lot of armour which gives her an advantage against most other tanks that do minimal damage when her matrix is down.

I’d say cope and cry about it but I’d be perfectly happy if they reverted it back to 3 seconds but they absolutely would need to buff her in a way that lets her deal with beam damage.

If the patch notes said DM nerfed from 4 to 3.5 seconds (a false statement of course) samito would’ve been so happy instead of angry yet again even though both are 3.5 lol. Presentation presentation.

3 Likes

Legit skill issue.

:person_shrugging:

You can’t have a serious conversation with someone who isn’t even talking about their own experience with a hero - they just watched someone else’s gameplay. It would be equally dumb if I started asking for Genji nerfs after watching Necros.

It’s especially silly when your opinion is based entirely on the opinion of someone who didn’t ever know D.Va’s cooldowns a week ago but still claims to be some sort of expert.

2 Likes

As an ex Dva main it feels like her matrix is too much at the moment. Expecting a nerf at some point.

They should have done this for the patch notes: just list the new values and not include the old ones.

It would mean all the react videos would actually be worth watching for once, to see the “experts” try and figure out if they’re buffs or nerfs :smiley:

1 Like

I’d take a 2.5 second matrix if it could block beams

2 Likes

That’s the thing, if matrix is this strong against everything except beams, then of course people are going to switch beams. Then the DVa mains all come to the forums complaining that everyone switches beams. THEY SWITCH BEAMS BECAUSE MATRIX IS UP TOO MUCH!!!

It is DVas balance that means beams are required. If they don’t nerf matrix then they can’t buff her some other way for beams, and DVa players have to live with the fact that they want the ability that causes beam switches to be OP. You reap what you sow.

DVa is antithesis for fun. If you walk out of spawn as DVa, you lose any right to complain about not having fun, you forfeited your right to have it.

2 Likes

I would wager money piltman here plays hitscans. Talk about kettle calling the pot black.

How are you a GM and struggling against D.va? Ranked is so stupid.

1 Like

Yeah I think she should be able to shoot while using her matrix, just slower than without.
I would absolutely trade a long matrix for something like that. They could make the matrix infinite, it still wouldn’t be fun

The reason everyone switches beams against D.Va is because matrix is so ridiculously powerful against everything else, and even then she has pretty good matchups against just about every beam character that isn’t also a gigabuffed tank. It would need pretty substantial nerfs to justify making it stronger against beams.

Hahaha fr, he and so many forumers thought it was 4 seconds long, we should buff DM even more just to prove them right :laughing:

1 Like