D.Va is getting nerfed because Echo is too strong

I get it, I generally hate the idea of changing heroes because Echo makes them broken but in this case I think it is the best solution. I had even suggested it a little while back.

D.Va is by far my favorite hero to play and I find the game much less fun when she isn’t a good pick. This isn’t a case of me hating her or anything, I just believe this particular change is inconsequential enough for D.Va that it is ok to make on account of Echo.

They could have simply removed the increased ultimate charge from Echo when she is Baby D.Va.

They are kind of setting an example here on how they are going to handle problems with Echos ultimate and they chose consistency for Echos Ult over if the Heroes that end up getting the nerf actually need it.

I am not even against the nerf - I am actually in favor of reverting the Call Mech buff completely and giving her something useful and consistent instead.
But the reason they stated for doing it is very worrying.

Because echo is a duplicate of dva, coding wise echo literally becomes dva aside from the buffed ultimate charge rate and I’m going to guess that coding a specific change to echo pilot dva’s ultimate charge would also affect real pilot dva in a negative way. Because coding wise they are not separate entities.

Trust me, this change is probably the easiest one they could do, considering dva’s code is spagetti.

2 Likes

Your reply is nonsense when it literally doesn’t effect D.va at all

Well… they brought this mess upon themselves when they were so eager to put Duplicate into the game, that they even threw over Echos Support concept.

Sooner or later they will run into a problem that can’t be solved like this without effecting the game in a negative way and with 5v5 coming the question of when it will happen is already pretty much answered.

And then what?

OW2 will have actual active developer support than the interns who have to fix OW1’s problems. :woman_shrugging:

Exactly. Unless ur a god Pilot D.Va hitting Critical hits with ur Bunny Pistol there’s no chance in heck you’ll get Call Mech before the Bomb detonates

1 Like

A god dva hitting all crits with nano and dmg boost and discorded enemy target through amp matrix. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Oomf I could never :tired_face::sob:

I wouldn’t say it needed a nerf in range but if they were to nerf call mech at all this is the best possible outcome. 3 meters to 2.5 isn’t too bad.

What would’ve been terrible is if they nerfed the damage even by 1 hp as then characters like reaper especially would survive and feed off your mech before you could even move it. That would make me not want it to hit any characters as it’s also just a way for their supports to get ult charge and you’d end up feeding even more than when it was at 50 damage.

Anyway, im ok with the changes even if echo was the one that it’s being targeted towards.

2 Likes

Actually, the players were too ____ to stay away from Dva.
They decided to help them a little bit.
-.5 meters is near nothing.

https://gfycat.com/equaldigitalcaterpillar

Call mech already doesn’t hit the ashe or reinhardt on this clip, after the nerf it might not have hit the mercy either.

It reduces the area of effect by nearly 30%
I wouldn’t exactly call that nothing :wink:

not really, i was literally like barely in her 3 meter radius and it still killed me

Echo is not too strong. OWL players are annoyed a dps hero can kill with their ult.

Maybe we should just prevent echo from duplicating tanks.

1 Like

For those of you saying that this isn’t a big deal, it sets a precedent for the future nerfs of other heroes because duplicate is too powerful in some circumstances.

Other heroes shouldn’t be nerfed because of duplicate.

3 Likes

If you could build up remech as baby dva in the time it takes for bomb to go off then it’s a nerf.

It was allowing echo to remech on people during bomb flight.

It won’t affect dva

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. The nerf intended for Echo won’t affect D.Va at all, and the radius nerf was needed anyway.

Not entirely wrong, but the whole story is actually : IT WAS A STUPID DUMB BUFF and should have never seen live!