D.Va Archives Skin Supremacy

You are the chooses one

Not yet. She still has no archives skin.

6 Likes

I know!! We need one!!!

2 Likes

Well, well. Surprise, surprise: Ball got a legendary skin too—despite D.Va taking up a skin slot! See? There was no need to bring down D.Va players for both asking for a skin after so long and then for being happy about her getting a skin after all! Hope you enjoy the new Hammond skin as much as I am enjoying the new D.Va skin. And for the record: I’m happy for Genji players to finally have gotten a Winter Wonderland skin for him after waiting as long as we did on D.Va, too.

5 Likes

Sorry, but her skin is crap. I was thinking of a cute santa outfit and the mech with cute santa coverings too. I don’t like this one at all.

1 Like

The handles are too big and distract me. :sob:

Y’all thought this thread was over…?

It’s just the beginning!

3 Likes

3 Likes

What about…

And movie related mech.

It would fit the archives theme…

5 Likes

Alright, here we go:

I would really like to see her getting something less “fanservice-y” and more serious.
Maybe a “Korean Military” Skin with a MEKA inspired by a modern fighter jet and Pilot D.Va in full combat gear?

hehe i see someone is pretty pissed off :rofl:

1 Like

We will have targets, but we will get whats ours.

1 Like

Hmm, that’s kind of a small + low res image. Here’s a bigger example of the poster, just to make sure no passing dev is confused about what we’re talking about:

Now that is a movie poster! :grin:

3 Likes

Are you a new community manager? havent seen you before

They’ve been around- AndyB talked about her a couple of months ago and said that she would be active soon.

She’s arrived officially!

What would the mech look like?

1 Like

Well… I see lab coats and Hana herself looking rather like a superhero that is merely donning a lab coat. I don’t think she is “just” a mech pilot in this movie. I suppose those two who are flanking her are her friends or at least support her in the movie. She is holding a wacky contraption. Maybe in this movie, she stars as a hyped up, fantastical version of herself in MEKA in an alternative universe setting, like an Ironman ripoff, (or Avengers or… heck, name just about any superhero franchise). If not a superhero, then maybe she is a super spy?

I am envisioning the mech as having a Hollywood-like flair to it, such that we can see it really is her actual mech when viewed from certain angles and clearly it just has movie prop junk welded to it for embellishment (reasoning: say there were certain angles that the studio cameras weren’t meant to point at, as it would be an immersion-breaking clear giveaway it is just that particular standard Korean military mech she pilots in real life.

As for ideas for what it could look like in this setting? I say it could look like a prototype mech. Or it could be really flashy and slick, looking like something from out of this world. Maybe it is made to look like stolen or recovered alien tech from the movie setting. And if that were the case, and the movie itself features those prop tentacled alien guys we see on the stage in the Hollywood map, it could be that the mech design is stylized off their UFOs. (But I am guessing that would be really stretching it, lol.)

I like to think she got invited to star in a film with at least a decent budget, hopefully not a mere low-effort propaganda piece. My headcanon is that she would not bother with a third rate, made straight-for-cable joke production, like Sharknado (I have scanned that poster carefully for sharks in that tornado while waiting to spawn :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) She’s got a fanbase and a rep to maintain after all, and Hana is definitely not going to squander it.

Edit: grammar

1 Like

You happy now? :kissing:

1 Like

D.Va mains are sure an annoying bunch.

Quite, yeah! This was probably my favorite winter event hahaha

1 Like

A lot of them also main mercy, so it’s no surprise to me when I always see them wanting skins