D.va and Mercy blaster pistols

…Are super weird to aim with.
The bullets somehow go super down to where your crosshair is aiming, so in order to get headshots you have to aim very on top of the head, even at close distances.

Here’s a video that shows it better than my words:
https://imgur.com/a/Jf9UcCm

What do you guys think? Should they fix this?

2 Likes

They should make Mercy’s blaster hitscan with zoom in iron sights :eyes:

4 Likes

Cause it´s not hitscan, it´s projectile.

Never experienced this much on my side, sry.

Sure.
Translation : Some bullets are direct hits, others have traveling time.
E.G : Hitscan : soldier, Others : Torb, Mei

Where are you gaming from ?

Why complain about the lowest damage in the game…

It’s more noticeable when you glide as mercy with 500% speed

1 Like

you are underestimating the damage of blaster pistols lol they are not the lowest damage

Mercy shoots 5 shots per second (20 each, 40 for each headshot) and her hitbox is pretty large too, not as wide as Moira, but still much bigger than most. I assume it’s the same for D.Va but I have no idea about D.Va’s pistol.

1 Like

Both baby DVA and MERCY shots goes in straight line.
Some other heroes use balistic shots.
Maybe lags caused your feeling ?

I never complained I’m just pointing out how weird it is to aim with blasters
Also why is nobody checking the video to see the proof?
I believe some of you completely misunderstood the post

2 Likes

This isnt a problem with mercy and Dvas blasters this about Tracers body hitbox being on her arms, with the size of mercy and tracers bullets plus how tracers arm hitboxes act itll count as body shots against her

With D.Va specifically im pretty sure she’s shorter than tracer too so even though its travelling straight to her head its coming from slightly downward making it easier to hit her arms in the process, similar to how torbs bullets come from lower down

No its about the hitbox of the bullets since they’re projectiles they have hitboxes and rather large ones too, interacting with the oversized hitboxes of heroes

People don’t feel like copy pasting a link into the bar

2 Likes

Sry, didn’t watch the video :wink: .

To the op here’s an example video, sorry it isnt the best, but the outstretched arm of echo is counting as body shots while if you go to right more itll count as headshots due to the size of both bullet and enemy hitboxes being rather large

As for whether they should fix this, it really doesnt matter much to me, they gave Mercy and DVa these large projectiles to make it easier to hit their shots giving them better confirmed damage even if it sometimes means their headshots will count as body shots due to enemy hero hitbox shapes, allowing them to better defend themselves and for dva especially to better gain charge for her mech

2 Likes

Bro that video quality is nuts xD My video looks like taken out from a toaster
Thx for the explanation, was bugging me out :wink:

That’s not necessarily the entire story.

Video games need to account for projectiles having to originate from the viewmodel’s gun, yet travelling to targets along the crosshair. I’m not sure how OW specifically accounts for this, but I know other games use a sort of aim assist, where the angle of the projectile depends on the distance to the nearest solid object along the crosshair (basically meaning it always starts from the gun and hits the first thing it should).

As Mercy and DVa are shorter than a lot of characters, does that mean a large sphere shot from their guns will usually travel upwards and collide with the target’s body before it hits their head? As angling the projectile for the face might go through the neck, basically.

2 Likes

Yup, I think the same.
Smaller hitboxes, means more tactical gameplay.

While Blizzard hitbox mgmt means more strategic gameplay.
Rly worth it, especialy in a cross-platform hero shooter game.

Yes it does, different heroes have different heights and I even said this in the paragraph beneath the one you replied to, so I don’t know why you’re mentioning this?

A bit negative sorry, thanks for going more indepth for the op for me

1 Like

Essentially, I think it might actually be because of their blaster in addition to them being shorter.

I’m not certain you’d get the same result if it were hitscan.

You wouldnt, at least not as extremely, the issue occurs from a combination of D.Va and Mercy Bullets being large and oversized hitboxes on heroes causing outstretched hands to protect what are clear views to the head

one good example that they actually had to make a patch for was with Hanzo, his body hitbox from his arm was protecting his head too well in sniper duels against widow, he’s the only major example I can’t remember though for the most part even with the oversized hitboxes of body models normally hitscan will typically end up with a headshot garuntee

2 Likes

D.Va’s is 14 per shot…

14 per shot, but can shoot 7 per second which is 98, 2 damage lower than mercy who is 20 per shot 5 per second at 100